BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Never a push or fetch? What's going on?View attachment 106677

You have location services on "always" for BeWeather. Not sure what else you can do. Delete and reinstall.
Make sure these 3 toggles are on.
a9084487d988c8389878b7dff84664aa.jpg

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Dark Sky's watch app is not very good. Complication will not update, even after tapping on it. Shouldn't complications update when the temp changes on the phone app? BeWeather did better for complications, but still didn't seem to update until I tapped on the complication.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
After many months of work and weeks of beta testing here in the iMore forums BeWeather 2 is finally official!

AppStore Link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beweather-2/id931212644?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy

View attachment 71590

BeWeather is the most customizable weather app and widget for iOS. With BeWeather you can make the weather your own!

Visually stunning and powerful, BeWeather provides all the weather information you need, packaged in a beautiful, easy to use app and widget that looks the way you want. BeWeather makes even bad weather look good!

All the weather info you need:

? Detailed current conditions
? Detailed 7 day and 24 hour forecast including sunrise/sunset times and moon phase
? Front and center weather maps with animated radar (USA, Canada and Europe) and satellite (IR and visible)
? Severe weather information (USA and Europe), get notification for your location in realtime
? Access to Weather Underground's huge network of personal weather stations
? Minutely rain forecasts (by Forecast, makers of the Dark Sky app)
? Storm tracks on radar maps
? Powerful Hurricane Tracker
? Easily share the weather on social networks
? Built from the ground up for iOS 8

Beautifully packaged:

? Weather maps are always front and center, switch to fullscreen with a simple swipe
? Swipe up to reveal more detailed forecasts
? Swipe left and right to quickly change locations

Today Widget:

? Get access to your weather, always, even from the lock screen
? The widget shows a customizable combination of current conditions, minutely forecast, hourly forecast, daily forecast and textual forecast
? Switch between locations from within the widget

Customizable:

? Unlimited number of locations
? Choose from 10 color themes
? Customize further with over 150 different icon designs and many fonts to choose from
? Works in the Today Widget, too!

Even More:

? Show the current temperature as a badge on the homescreen icon
? Show the current weather as a notification on the lock screen

BeWeather 2 is available for $2.99

AppStore Link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beweather-2/id931212644?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Interested in testing the bleeding edge versions of BeWeather 2 and help development of the app? Send me a PM with your e-mail address to get an invite to BeWeather 2 beta versions on TestFlight.

App now $3.99....

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
App now $3.99....

And well worth the price of 1 Starbucks coffee. I have used BeWeather for a long time, and then recently decided to try Dark Sky (another $3.99 app). I am back to BeWeather, not because Dark Sky is bad, but because it doesn't play well with Apple watch complications.

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
And well worth the price of 1 Starbucks coffee. I have used BeWeather for a long time, and then recently decided to try Dark Sky (another $3.99 app). I am back to BeWeather, not because Dark Sky is bad, but because it doesn't play well with Apple watch complications.

I don't drink Starbucks tho! But 10-4

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

My BeWeather 2 works ok if I open the app 2 or 3 times a day and pull down on the locations list page to refresh.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After yesterday's beta update, the temp still lags on the badge as well as in the App. And when I woke this morning, the hourly showing was from 11 pm the night before. I'm beginning to think this push and lag issue will never be resolved. It's not reliable for weather info. I keep it for the customization and the share feature while hanging on to hope that the rest will be fixed. I don't really mind opening the app to refresh it several times a day. But it should not be neccessary to do so. This update did not fix anything that I can tell.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I got a notification yesterday about the update but when I go to TestFlight, BeWeather and 3 other apps show as "unavailable". This a bug?

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine was not updating at all this morning either. This has been happening more and more as of late. It's updating now but it is definitely not reliable for everyday use. The only other app I've used that is functionally great is eWeather HD, but I really dislike the UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711