BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this been asked here before but can you somehow change the weather info source in the app ? It's been really wrong the last couple weeks.

You can not change the weather information source; that is Weather Underground. You can change the reporting station however, if you think it might help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys referring to not receiving the notification on the lock screen like this? //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160117/bd73f4a9da8a39ef34e153b19fbaac37.jpg

The alerts are different from the hourly notifications. Hourly notifications give you the current weather stats. Alerts are anytime for severe weather, fog, tornadoes, ice storms, floods, etc. I had mine where I got a pop up on the screen. They also showed on the lock screen. But I haven't seen one in a while. Nothing much has happened since the last update though.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys referring to not receiving the notification on the lock screen like this? //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160117/bd73f4a9da8a39ef34e153b19fbaac37.jpg

As far as I go, yes. The lock screen notifications ALWAYS stall out on me and since the last few updates I no longer receive sever weather alerts at all anymore. I have everything tuned the way it should be....the app just does not behave well anymore as far as all that goes. It's very disappointing. I had a weather alert come in about 5am, eWeather gave me the lock screen notification for it. Beweather-nothing.

I don't know what happened with BW behaving as it should, but I really hope it gets sorted out.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As far as I go, yes. The lock screen notifications ALWAYS stall out on me and since the last few updates I no longer receive sever weather alerts at all anymore. I have everything tuned the way it should be....the app just does not behave well anymore as far as all that goes. It's very disappointing. I had a weather alert come in about 5am, eWeather gave me the lock screen notification for it. Beweather-nothing.

I don't know what happened with BW behaving as it should, but I really hope it gets sorted out.

The lock screen notifications are all I've ever received. I never receive weather alerts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The lock screen notifications are all I've ever received. I never receive weather alerts.

It's enabled here. You can set it to get more or less. (Importance)
He said there was a server issue with it.??
f7e0e977a7c8250974958dceb4b047f8.jpg

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
The official 2.2.24 will be available in the next couple of hours.

- Increased the number of hours visible in the hourly forecast on the today widget for iPhone 6(s) and iPhone 6(s) Plus
- Some minor bug fixes

If you are on the beta version, please switch to this official release.

We plan to have some changes to the push system on our server side ready during the next week. We hope that will improve the reliability of the weather alert and lock screen notifications.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The official 2.2.24 will be available in the next couple of hours.

- Increased the number of hours visible in the hourly forecast on the today widget for iPhone 6(s) and iPhone 6(s) Plus
- Some minor bug fixes

If you are on the beta version, please switch to this official release.

We plan to have some changes to the push system on our server side ready during the next week. We hope that will improve the reliability of the weather alert and lock screen notifications.

Just downloaded the official version. It would be great to get the weather alerts straightened out.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely agree. For me I care more about function than style. Look at what happened in Florida a few days ago. In the middle of the night. Scary. Saw a lady on TV mention her iPhone went off with an alert. I am not in a typical dangerous area. But still like alerts for snow, rain, etc. etc. Still using just Apple's app which is reliable always and I like the animation after using for a while. I use the TWC app also for Radar etc. I can open it right from the Apple app by clinic in the bottom Weather Channel logo.

It is what it is.... But it does nee fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods