BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about with BeWeather2. The only thing I have problems with is the temperature badge and the lock screen notifications (sometimes), everything else works fine. However I do use other weather apps and some have temperature badges and lock screen notifications (eWeather and CARROT⁵).

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's working again now. I came real close to deleting the app this afternoon. When the app stops working again, I'll delete it and go with the stock weather app. I do enjoy the customization options with BW2, but I'm tired of dealing with the app not working properly.

I eventually just moved on permanently. Earlier in the thread I added it back when "it's working now" but that changed again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
BeWeather 2 and Dark Sky are the only 3rd-party weather apps I have installed and between the two, I don't have my problems discerning the weather in my area and pit one against the other for accuracy. With regard to precipitation, they are both usually spot-on. I don't use the temperature badge because it only takes a second for me to swipe right on the lock screen to see the preferred app's weather widget's info. BeWeather's radar map feature is excellent and I depend on it the most. Thus far, the app as a whole has been great. Have I experienced hiccups occasionally? Of course, I have. I've also deleted the app a few times, but now, I just leave it installed because I know that the developer will fix what's broken as quickly as possible and the pros of having the app installed, especially in conjunction with Dark Sky, outweighs the cons, in my opinion, but that's Just Me, D...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather2 is very accurate in my area as well. I've never tried DarkSky, maybe I will give it a go since I do like a weather apps and have a strong addiction concerning them..LOL . I will admit that BeWeather2 has had some hiccups along the way, but has been working fine on my iPhone lately.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
BeWeather2 is very accurate in my area as well. I've never tried DarkSky, maybe I will give it a go since I do like a weather apps and have a strong addiction concerning them..LOL . I will admit that BeWeather2 has had some hiccups along the way, but has been working fine on my iPhone lately.

In my opinion, Dark Sky is excellent at predicting precipitation. It's global weather pattern map is also well-done. Still, I could never use it as a stand-alone weather app because it lacks a traditional radar map and the typical weather summary, of which is probably the most important aspect of a weather app to me. BeWeather 2 provides what Dark Sky lacks. Know what I mean?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, Dark Sky is excellent at predicting precipitation. It's global weather pattern map is also well-done. Still, I could never use it as a stand-alone weather app because it lacks a traditional radar map and the typical weather summary, of which is probably the most important aspect of a weather app to me. BeWeather 2 provides what Dark Sky lacks. Know what I mean?

Yes I do D, I'm not sure that any one weather app has "everything" that I require..LOL

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

If you swipe, there is a radar screen. Swipe the other way you get a day summary, and again you get a week summary.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes...LOL ...
c87f68ec2b2b01222b747bb68d04af15.png

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I think at this point it is a dead app. Its a shame, but this forum at least had responses from developer that were encouraging. Now there seems to be nothing and this long after iOS 10, a relatively big opportunity for developers and there is nothing. Just my observation and opinion mind you.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think at this point it is a dead app. Its a shame, but this forum at least had responses from developer that were encouraging. Now there seems to be nothing and this long after iOS 10, a relatively big opportunity for developers and there is nothing. Just my observation and opinion mind you.

I disagree. The BeWeather2 app works just fine for me with the exception of the temperature notification badge. It's still one of the best customization weather apps on the market IMHO.
511866167ef63d0115b2f818940f84f0.png

8eb4a2c7e60dd74d790d1f1e75bdf2dc.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I agree with spencerdl. It's had some rough moments, but it mostly works great. The temp badge does lag a lot. But most weather apps I've used with a temp badge do lag. Not sure why. But I really like the customization it offers. I did the artwork on this Bama iconset.
65329356e0aeeeabbf20187fcd846e69.png

69e8f70fb9337cffb55f87f8d38ff917.png

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone heard from the developer outside of not hear? I know some will come on and say it is working fine etc. That is OK... more curious if anything is upcoming as a beta or anything for iOS10??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone heard from the developer outside of not hear? I know some will come on and say it is working fine etc. That is OK... more curious if anything is upcoming as a beta or anything for iOS10??

Haven't heard from him since the last update. Actually, mine has been lagging pretty bad lately. To keep it up to speed, I have to launch the app and refresh 4 or 5 times a day. I'm hoping for a new update soon.

@pfluger

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
This really is ridiculous...seriously. Since the last update I'm lucky if I even get ONE lock screen notification...let's not even talk about the temp badge updating I've tried opening the app to "refresh" so it keeps up. Ya know what? On blackberry, never had to do that. When it first came to iOS, never had to do that. NOW if you don't it lags and when you open it it still shows weather from 12-24 hours ago....like seriously?!?! Yes, I'm p!ssed off ! It used to be my go to weather app.

It's very disappointing, an app once so very successful on Blackberry, brought over to iOS with open arms and it did well. It has become just about a faded memory....I'm really starting to not give a sh*t about being able to use custom icons any more & deleting it for good honestly.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I really agree. I thought the fact it took a while to respond to my last post was a tell-tale sign. I've asked this several times now and there doesn't seem to be engagement from the developer. I also note that he has been beta testing with users on here and that seems to have stopped also. Considering a prime time to update was with iOS10, I think still (because I said earlier too) that it is dead. I've just been using the default for everyday and Weather channel with adds removed for any radar and alerts. Been working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox