Facebook is very power hungry ...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
And I didn't even know it! Been using it this morning as I use it more during football season to keep up with folks back home on my HS team's success. Just watching my battery drain and my 5S warm up. Jeez

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Turn off Background App Refresh and location services for Facebook, and it's not that bad. Still bad, but not that bad. Oh, and turn off auto video playing.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Turn off Background App Refresh and location services for Facebook, and it's not that bad. Still bad, but not that bad. Oh, and turn off auto video playing.

I had 2/3 off already. Just switched off the auto play of videos. Shoot I don't even use background app refresh for ANY app

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The FaceBook app is a virus in every sense of the word. Would not have that garbage on any device that I own, including my rMBP.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Went ahead and uninstalled that app. Shortcut to the mobile page in its place. Text notifications turned on.

Sad fate just like the Hangouts app. You will NOT do things in the background if I don't want you to and think you'll survive installed on my phone! Lol

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Went ahead and uninstalled that app. Shortcut to the mobile page in its place. Text notifications turned on.

Sad fate just like the Hangouts app. You will do things in the background if I don't want you to and think you'll survive installed on my phone! Lol

Try Friendly+. It's a nice Facebook client. You can have multiple accounts and color themes. I use it. It's like the mobile version in Safari on steroids. More features.
Friendly for facebook free app, the #1 alternative fb app by Friendly App Studio
https://appsto.re/us/6QH2x.i

Ad free:
Friendly+ for Facebook with AdBlock by Friendly App Studio
https://appsto.re/us/4AqXw.i

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Try Friendly+. It's a nice Facebook client. You can have multiple accounts and color themes. I use it. It's like the mobile version in Safari on steroids. More features.
Friendly for facebook free app, the #1 alternative fb app by Friendly App Studio
https://appsto.re/us/6QH2x.i

Ad free:
Friendly+ for Facebook with AdBlock by Friendly App Studio
https://appsto.re/us/4AqXw.i

Thanks! Just installed it!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Just installed it!!
It's a bit different, but you get used to it. I have 4 accounts on mine, including my Wife's account. I have to do all her profile and cover photo changes. Also settings stuff.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It's a bit different, but you get used to it. I have 4 accounts on mine, including my Wife's account. I have to do all her profile and cover photo changes. Also settings stuff.

After using it for several hours I went back to mobile FB page. Had several force closes and stutters as I was using it. While the web page is slower it is just a smoother experience for me!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
And I didn't even know it! Been using it this morning as I use it more during football season to keep up with folks back home on my HS team's success. Just watching my battery drain and my 5S warm up. Jeez

Thats why I uninstalled it and use the paper app instead. Works much better than the Facebook app.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Paper looks VERY cool and VERY smooth. Need to get acclimated to it. Can you set it up to show FB stuff by most recent?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox