IM apps, no ads! (BBM)

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
When it comes to paying for an app, I have no problem with it. It is the same as paying someone to perform a job for you. But, what I can't stand are ads. I will pay even more, just to not have ads in an app.

Coming from a BlackBerry (Z10, Q10 and Z30), I didn't have to worry about ads in BBM. Albeit, they started with 'Stickers'. Seriously, that's what they want to offer, when there are so many other things they could be working on? Anyway, I digress...

All that to say and ask, what other IM apps are available on multiple OS' besides BBM & WhatsApp? I'm this ---- close to deleting BBM. Well, unless they offer a paid version soon; and I can't see that happening...

Yes, I hate ads that much.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When it comes to paying for an app, I have no problem with it. It is the same as paying someone to perform a job for you. But, what I can't stand are ads. I will pay even more, just to not have ads in an app.

Coming from a BlackBerry (Z10, Q10 and Z30), I didn't have to worry about ads in BBM. Albeit, they started with 'Stickers'. Seriously, that's what they want to offer, when there are so many other things they could be working on? Anyway, I digress...

All that to say and ask, what other IM apps are available on multiple OS' besides BBM & WhatsApp? I'm this ---- close to deleting BBM. Well, unless they offer a paid version soon; and I can't see that happening...

Yes, I hate ads that much.

I feel you on this Navi, Thats why I won't put BBM on my iPhone.....I have it on my Note3, but rarely go into BBM because of the ....ADS

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately they all seem to stink as far as ads go. I finally deleted BBM because it was constantly sending me invites for crap.

sectionsix

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Been using Google Hangouts for cross-platform IMing. I'm also on the verge of deleting BBM, if I want stickers I have Line and FB messenger for that.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Google Hangouts is my IM of choice. I can begin the chat on my windows pc, continue it on my iP6, keep going when I switch over to my MacBook Air, switch to my HTC One M8 and end the convo on my iPad.

I know that others don't seem to like GH much, but I like it because it's free and I can pretty much use it one whatever device I typing on at that moment.

timmy95

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
BBM is coming out with a paid version shortly. And I believe it will get rid of the adds. Not a 100% sure what it will all do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods