Problems with Dropbox on ios8

shanezam203

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Dropbox for years vs. Photostream and other methods for photos... but lately with iOS8 on an iPhone 5s and 6 I am having issues where photos will not upload and the app will be sluggish if not non responsive.

I have deleted and re-installed many times and recently installed a companion app called carousel for dropbox and through that photos upload 100% into dropbox but the app Dropbox is Sluggish on the iphone now; anyone else experiencing this?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed that. Dropbox works fine for me. You said years. How many gb do you have in Dropbox? If a lot, maybe that's why. I only have the free 2 gb. And haven't used half that. Most of my photos are on Box and OneDrive. I get more free gb with those. Download Box, and transfer some off Dropbox. Maybe that would help. I'm just guessing here. :)

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

shanezam203

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I heard back from Dropbox support and they explained they have a known issue with ios8 and camera upload, anyone else experiencing this?

Charleston, Nov 01 01:00 AM:
Hi Shane,

Thanks for writing in! I'd be happy to look into this for you.

We're currently investigating an issue where the uploads in our main app are slow or fail to progress. Dropbox engineers are currently working on a solution.

As a workaround for now, we recommend downloading Dropbox's Carousel app (free in the App Store), as we've optimized the Camera Upload feature for that app. Automatic Backup from Carousel will still go into the Camera Uploads folder in your Dropbox.

Enabling the backup feature in the Carousel app should allow the uploads to complete. You can always opt to remove the app after the uploads have finished.

You can read more about and download Carousel here:

https://blog.dropbox.com/2014/04/introducing-carousel
https://www.carousel.com

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused! Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue after downloading Carousel. Thank you for your patience while we look into this issue.

Regards,
Charleston

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711