iPhone 8 for $8 a month📱:Check it out at Sprint | Order: AirPods 2 | New iPhones
    I go back and forth, but end up using Safari the most. Being able to connect my iPhone to my desktop and web inspect Safari on iPhone is awesome.
    08-06-2015 10:28 AM
    safri is better
    08-07-2015 01:17 AM
    Yes, Safari of course. Better and easy to use.
    08-07-2015 05:17 AM
    Using different Operating Systems on two different continents, Chrome gets my vote (Mac and PC formats). Interestingly enough, on my iP6 I like iCab browser best.
    This!
    08-07-2015 11:25 PM
    When I was using Windows IE annoyed me so much I downloaded Chrome. Now I only use Apple products at home I find Safari just works and does everything I need.
    08-08-2015 08:32 AM
    So majority of people love chrome better then safari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-08-2015 08:52 PM
    I am trying to find a way to disable Safari, because it is not, like soooo many things apple, a cross-platform app, whereas Chrome is available on all, as far as I know, including Chromebooks.
    02-02-2019 07:33 AM
    I use Chrome at work because i have to, but I prefer Safari and use it exclusively when I’m not working.
    Annie_8plus and roystreet like this.
    02-02-2019 07:36 AM
    I was using Chrome for a while, but it’s limited on the iPhone, so I went back Safari. Plus, Google has lost my trust lately, so I’m distancing myself from their products as of late. Firefox is very good now, by the way. More people should try them out again.
    roystreet likes this.
    02-03-2019 09:42 PM
    I prefer Chrome on my PC at work. On my iOS devices, I prefer Safari and use them most of the time. I do occasionally use Chrome on my iPad, but not on my iPhone.
    02-04-2019 09:51 AM
    I am trying to find a way to disable Safari, because it is not, like soooo many things apple, a cross-platform app, whereas Chrome is available on all, as far as I know, including Chromebooks.
    Not sure what you mean by "disable Safari". You can't disable it or delete it. You can move it on your screen, and hide it in a folder. Then use a 3rd party browser. But Safari will still remain the default. Can't change that.
    02-06-2019 04:58 PM
    Thank you for confirming that Safari will always be the default. I suspected that but was not sure.
    Like I said, so much inflexibility on the Apple platform.
    02-06-2019 05:18 PM
    Thank you for confirming that Safari will always be the default. I suspected that but was not sure.
    Like I said, so much inflexibility on the Apple platform.
    Yeah, often times I have to copy and paste things from Safari to the Puffin browser. Flash videos won't play in Safari, but will in Puffin. Not sure if they do in Chrome. I'm thinking they don't, but not sure. Hopefully, one day Apple will offer the option to choose which apps to set as default. As it is, it would be complicated for them to do so.
    02-07-2019 12:04 PM
    Hopefully, one day Apple will offer the option to choose which apps to set as default. As it is, it would be complicated for them to do so.
    You would think it wouldn't be that hard since it can be done in MacOS:

Chrome vs safari-screen-shot-2019-02-07-1.08.56-pm.png

But I'm (obviously) not a programmer.
    02-07-2019 12:10 PM
    You would think it wouldn't be that hard since it can be done in MacOS:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 1.08.56 PM.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	125589

But I'm (obviously) not a programmer.
    I didn't actually mean technically. Read this. It talks about issues for developers always having an uphill battle competing directly with Apple. I think it'll happen soon.

https://www.macworld.com/article/329...ault-apps.html
    02-07-2019 10:30 PM
    I am a web developer (not into hard-core programming) and Chrome is definitely a better fit for my requirements. There are often cases to check for responsiveness of web pages, and I feel that Chrome does it better. It may take up a lot of RAM but then again, it does not hang as often as "firefox" or "tor" did before the launch of "quantum".

Using Safari feels like it is a part of the mac, but somehow still detached from it. The design feels significantly different compared to other apps you can use on the mac. The smoothness (which is a big plus for the majority of Apple users) while using keynote, calendar, imovie or mail, feels missing in safari. Which can make it feel like the awkward cousin. (It could be because, I have not tinkered with enough settings to make it smoother, but I'm going to guess that's not it). Safari feels like a work in progress, whereas Chrome provides significant ease of use for work purposes.
    02-08-2019 01:49 AM
    Even though it's 3rd party and Safari is still there, I still use Chrome due to having all my Google info at hand. I work a lot, and frequently have to check in on things on my phone, so I like the convenience and responsiveness.
    02-15-2019 11:49 AM
    I stopped using Chrome on my Mac years ago, when I couldn’t decide not to update the version of Chrome. Now it auto updates regardless of my wishes and is like a virus trying to uninstall.
    Last edited by scruffypig; 02-17-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    02-15-2019 01:10 PM
    Safari on my iPhone and iPad and Chrome on my Win10 PC. I wish Apple continued to support Safari on Windows as that would be my preferred choice.
    02-16-2019 08:57 AM
    I use Safari and Chrome on my XR and Edge on my Win10 Lenovo.
    02-16-2019 11:22 AM
    I use safari on my XS Max and iPad. I use Firefox on my dell laptop. I try to avoid google as much as I can.
    wxboss and roystreet like this.
    02-16-2019 05:01 PM
    I stopped using Chrome years ago, when I couldn’t decide not to update the version of Chrome. Now it auto updates regardless of my wishes and is like a virus trying to uninstall.this is Chrome on my Mac.
    My experiences of Chrome were taken from a windows device. I have not tried browsers besides Chrome and Safari on a Mac.

Auto updates are universal with Chrome. But this wikihow article (https://www.wikihow.com/Completely-D...-Chrome-Update) explains how to stop that from happening. I've had good experiences with wikihow in the past so I believe there's definitely a way to do so.

Personally speaking, I am not a fan of Chrome. I use it for work purposes and it provides better results (compared to safari). I prefer Firefox for personal usage, but since this is about Chrome vs. Safari, I'd go with Chrome.
    02-16-2019 10:51 PM
    Chrome, but Safari for Pay
    02-17-2019 03:23 AM
    My experiences of Chrome were taken from a windows device. I have not tried browsers besides Chrome and Safari on a Mac.

Auto updates are universal with Chrome. But this wikihow article (https://www.wikihow.com/Completely-D...-Chrome-Update) explains how to stop that from happening. I've had good experiences with wikihow in the past so I believe there's definitely a way to do so.

Personally speaking, I am not a fan of Chrome. I use it for work purposes and it provides better results (compared to safari). I prefer Firefox for personal usage, but since this is about Chrome vs. Safari, I'd go with Chrome.
    I have been down that road. It was just too much a hassle. I did a clean install of MacOS and never installed Chrome back on. Firefox is my primary browser. I am interested in what the Brave browser is doing, though Brave now uses Chromium as it’s base.
    Mr Smitzy likes this.
    02-17-2019 12:27 PM
74 123