Wooot iMore app updated !

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I am having a hard time with the new update as I am with other apps updating to the iPhone 6+.

Many have been at the door with pitchforks demanding developers redo their apps for the larger screens.

Those of us with sight difficulties loved the zoomed apps. For once we could comfortably read them. What many thought were 'ugly apps' were actually very much appreciated by some of us who could now comfortably read our screens. That's why some of us bought the bigger screens. Not to jam more content but so we could see the content better.

There is a happy solution for all of. Developers obey the Zoom setting! If the phone is zoomed don't give us the same tiny font.

And take a hint from Apple and try this: open an email and rotate to landscape. What do you see? Bigger text! Some of us need this - a lot. Don't design your app or web page with the same tiny font in landscape that you used in portrait! Or at least take a hint by our zoom setting and give those of us that need it some help.

The iPhone above any other is designed to be accessible by all but the developers have to be aware and work with this ideal to make the experience something we can all enjoy at its fullest.

I am going to open up Xcode and do some testing myself to see what / how developers can respond to a user's zoom display setting. And maybe a little googling as well.

Cheers, @Scatabrain

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh