Overcast notifications

Telespielstube

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I think I'm having issues getting notifications for new episodes of my subscribed podcasts, because I subscribe to some podcasts which publish new episodes every day. I mean the episodes get downloaded but without a notification. I checked the Settings->Notifications but there is no on/off toggle for Overcast. The only option I have found is in General->Background App Refresh which I turned on the day I downloaded Overcast. So far I tried the obvious: turned background app refresh off and on, restarted the phone, updated to 8.1(just now), deleted and installed the app again. Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
According to a review of the app via the iMore Blog, it states the following:

There's also a Settings view that lets you set subscription, notification, and unplayed episode retention on a per-show basis. (It's hidden behind a version of Overcast's icon rather than the typical gear icon that, while as unrelated as a floppy disk is to a modern save function, is still consistent enough to be far more recognizable.)

Source: Overcast for iPhone review: Podcasts reconsidered | iMore

ferropenico

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue.

I tried everything I could; delete and reinstall the app, disable iCloud for the app, delete account and all data,... And the app doesn't appear in "Settings-Notifications".

I sent two mail to the developer and he didn't answer back.

It's very frustrating this situation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711