ProShot - DSLR inspired camera app

RiseUpGames

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Some of you may know me from WPCentral. My name is Eddie, and I made the popular photo app ProShot for Windows Phone. It's now available for iOS and it's better and more feature-packed than ever.

Features:
  • Auto, Program, Manual, and two fully configurable Custom modes
  • Full manual control over exposure, ISO, shutter speed, white balance, torch intensity
  • Burst, Timer, Timelapse, and Video modes all with full manual controls, even during video recording!
  • Light Painting (bulb) mode with Live Preview, and two submodes (Light Trail, Light Add)
  • 4K Video
  • 4K Timelapse
  • Customizable video size and FPS
  • Slow motion video, up to 240 FPS
  • Zero-lag exposure bracketing with EXP, ISO, and SHR modes
  • Timelapse video with full manual controls and customizable aspect ratios, up to 100MB/s
  • And so, so, so much more :)

App Store Link
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/proshot/id924438909?at=10l3Vy

Feature requests are more than welcome!

Last edited:

ooklah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Love this app. I am thrilled you brought it to iOS. One of my favorite Windows Phone apps.

I'll be set if you bring it to BB10! 😀

RiseUpGames

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Love this app. I am thrilled you brought it to iOS. One of my favorite Windows Phone apps.

I'll be set if you bring it to BB10! ��

Thank you! Haha, I would if I could. The manual focus / ISO / shutter speed / etc. API is just not there >_<

ooklah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! Haha, I would if I could. The manual focus / ISO / shutter speed / etc. API is just not there >_<
I was kind of afraid that was a problem. Hopefully they rectify that in the future.

Anyway, the iOS version is great so far! Haven't had much time to play with it yet but it stays true to the ProShot feel. I've bought countless camera apps for my iPhone and I would always be disappointed with the interface so I'd never use them.
I ProShot is definitely going to remain on my phone and be used. Thank you!

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Wow, nice!!
How long will it be free? I don't have my iPhone with me right at the moment and can't install. :) Would you say it offers anything over the other camera apps with manual controls?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

RiseUpGames

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
The price has already been switched over, but it takes up to 24h for the change to propagate through the servers, so there might still be a chance!

I haven't tried every single other app out there, so this isn't scientific, but this is why ProShot is better:
1) Unique UI, effortless UX. Every control is accessible with your thumb, including zoom, which only requires one finger
2) ProShot saves your settings, you can even use C1, C2 to save your favorites
3) MF assist, no one else has this
4) I believe that every other app out there with manual controls either offer only manual, for full auto. ProShot is the only app that offers something in-between: either custom ISO with auto shutter speed (Program Mode). Or custom shutter speed with auto ISO (M, C1, C2).

Edit: seems like my gif isn't auto showing up in the original post. I can't edit it since I don't have 10 posts yet, so here's a working version of the gif :)

dslr_dials.gif

RiseUpGames

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna keep the free deal going for a few more days, seems like it's making a lot of people happy, and I like it when people are happy :)

Please don't forget to leave me a review on the App Store! Thank you!

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Great looking app and thanks for the freebie! It was crashing on me over and over though. Not sure why. Repeatedly crashed when opening.

RiseUpGames

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Great looking app and thanks for the freebie! It was crashing on me over and over though. Not sure why. Repeatedly crashed when opening.

Yeah, there's a bug when launching it for the first time in horizontal mode. The bug fix was submitted 5 days ago, Apple still hasn't approved it :/

Once you get past the logo on the first run, the bug doesn't come back.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Got it! Will be playing with it this weekend I think. Planning on a trip to Assateague this weekend if the weather holds.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

RiseUpGames

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Got it! Will be playing with it this weekend I think. Planning on a trip to Assateague this weekend if the weather holds.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Let us know how it goes! I always like to hear reports from in the field, helps me make a better app :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal