Could someone please teach me how to use Passbook? I've never used it, I only have a vague idea that it "stores" cards but I think I might need it for Apple Pay.
    09-17-2014 10:49 PM
    09-17-2014 10:52 PM
    So I looked everywhere, it looks like the wrong link: there is absolutely nothing about passbook in there.
    09-18-2014 12:43 AM
    09-18-2014 01:03 AM
    If you learn in a hands-on way, a couple apps that use it are starbucks, target cartwheel, Kroger, and Walgreens. When you go into those apps at the gift card section or reward card section, respectively, it'll prompt you to add the card to passbook.

I really only use the Starbucks app and Target Cartwheel for passbook, but I know in Starbucks you can set up your favorite stores and then when you get close to the store you'll get a notification (even on your lock screen) and if you tap it, it'll pull up your card information to be scanned. Pretty sure it works similarly with the other apps that use it, because that's the point - making it more convenient.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk
    Evilguppy likes this.
    09-18-2014 01:21 AM
    If you learn in a hands-on way, a couple apps that use it are starbucks, target cartwheel, Kroger, and Walgreens. When you go into those apps at the gift card section or reward card section, respectively, it'll prompt you to add the card to passbook.

I really only use the Starbucks app and Target Cartwheel for passbook, but I know in Starbucks you can set up your favorite stores and then when you get close to the store you'll get a notification (even on your lock screen) and if you tap it, it'll pull up your card information to be scanned. Pretty sure it works similarly with the other apps that use it, because that's the point - making it more convenient.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk
    Aaah ok. I'll start playing with that tomorrow, then. Thanks! 😊
    09-18-2014 03:03 AM