Can you suggest a nice app to block others from getting access to my mails, messages , to do lists etc
    08-22-2014 10:53 AM
    Hi acejunker

I'm not sure what you are asking. There is no way others can get access to your apps unless you share an AppleID with someone else. If people are getting access to your mails then it's not through your device but maybe through a web portal if they know your username/password. For instance, if you have a Gmail account then someone could get access to your mail by accessing Gmail through a browser if they know your password.
    08-22-2014 11:10 AM
    Yup passcode lock your phone and don't let anyone have access to it. Other than that not to sure.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-22-2014 11:10 AM
    Yup passcode lock your phone and don't let anyone have access to it. Other than that not to sure.
    'nuf said........Passcode lock your phone and don't give out the passcode. Period.
    08-22-2014 11:18 AM
    If I hand over my phone to my friend to have a look at my phone to make a call. I have used ZD box in android. I am looking at similar one for iOS
    08-22-2014 08:41 PM
    If I hand over my phone to my friend to have a look at my phone to make a call. I have used ZD box in android. I am looking at similar one for iOS
    A name similar to the one you mentioned exists in the App Store, but does not appear to be what you're seeking, in my opinion. Having said that, I'm unaware of an app that will do what you're asking.
    08-22-2014 08:50 PM
    Delete your messages. Why keep those? Before you hand over your phone, go to your email accounts in settings and turn them off for the mail app. Other stuff you can require log in credentials.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    08-22-2014 09:02 PM
    I can do that. But I feel it's easier to lock selective apps with a passcode
    08-23-2014 01:33 AM
    Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just for your friend to make a phone call....
    08-23-2014 01:45 AM
    No the idea is not specific to friends. I am a machinist. Most of the time I will be in the shop working. My phone will be in my office with my instructions to attend the call on my behalf. Get the picture??
    08-23-2014 02:04 AM
    No the idea is not specific to friends. I am a machinist. Most of the time I will be in the shop working. My phone will be in my office with my instructions to attend the call on my behalf. Get the picture??
    Ah, ya see, that is entirely different than what you said earlier.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    08-23-2014 02:12 AM
    Accepted.
    08-23-2014 02:47 AM
    This can't be done with a stock iPhone at all. Period.

You can password protect certain apps if you jailbreak your device and install one of the app lock tweaks though. I don't use any of them so I don't know which ones are any good (if any).
    08-23-2014 03:27 AM
    Thanks. May be jail breaking is not so bad after all. But App Store experience is the best. Surprised to see that they don't have an app for this. Or may be not many have a use for such an app..
    08-23-2014 06:10 AM
    Thanks. May be jail breaking is not so bad after all. But App Store experience is the best. Surprised to see that they don't have an app for this. Or may be not many have a use for such an app..
    There's no app for that because Apple doesn't allow one app to control another. So it would have to be done on the OS level. I'm guessing Apple hasn't seen enough interest in that feature. Perhaps go to their website and make a suggestion. Can't hurt, anyway.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    08-23-2014 08:50 AM
    There's no app for that because Apple doesn't allow one app to control another. So it would have to be done on the OS level. I'm guessing Apple hasn't seen enough interest in that feature. Perhaps go to their website and make a suggestion. Can't hurt, anyway.
    Yep, I agree Karen.

Acejunker, It definitely can't hurt to let Apple know there is a request for this sort of thing. If enough people want it, maybe they will implement it in the future. It's not outside the bounds of possibility anyway.
    08-23-2014 08:59 AM
    1) Jailbreak your iDevice.
    2) Install a tweak called "Applocker".
    3) Go to settings of your iDevice, Scroll down you'll see Applocker options. Go into them and select the apps that you want password protected. Set your password and you're done.
    4) Need help? Simply search Applocker cydia tweak on YouTube and you'll see a brief video explaining everything the tweak does. Cheers!
    AAA1337 likes this.
    08-24-2014 10:03 AM
    Good luck however you do it!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    08-24-2014 11:24 AM
    As one post above mentioned, you can use Cydia apps like applocker to lock apps with a pass code.

If you have an iPhone 5S, you can use an app to lock apps with your fingerprint too, the best ones IMO are Asphaleia and BioProtect. They allow you to use pass code too, in case you can't use your print (older device, wet hands, someone chopped off your recorded fingers, etc).

If you don't wanna jailbreak, you're out of luck unfortunately. Apple never allows 3rd party apps to exercise that level of control over other apps. All you can do is hope Apple does implement it some time in the future.
    08-24-2014 12:37 PM
    You could find in settings permissions to lunch apps only if you enter your passcode.
    08-25-2014 06:12 AM
    Guided Access maybe? It can lock someone in to a specific app. Won't block them if they're on the home screen, but it will stop them from switching apps.

iOS: About Guided Access
    08-25-2014 10:23 AM