Facebook is lame

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
That's overly harsh, and not the response to someone that should be coming from a moderator! Everything he said is true. You have no right to get mad at him for stating what he did. If you want to not use Facebook, that's fine. It's unfortunate what happened to you. But, as he said, billions of people use Facebook to communicate everyday, and the "cool kids" think it's cool to hate on them because of their success. If you want to limit yourself to other networks, your loss. There is no need to take out your hate for Facebook on someone that is saying the truth.

thanks tech_eater. Maybe I am coming off confrontational today IDK lol! Over at AC some dude was blowing up at me because I said just let people like what they like and quit being such a Debbie Downer. I was clearly joking with him. Generally in my posts I do not attempt to directly attack peoples points of view, but rather just show engage in conversation about the other side of the coin.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
thanks tech_eater. Maybe I am coming off confrontational today IDK lol! Over at AC some dude was blowing up at me because I said just let people like what they like and quit being such a Debbie Downer. I was clearly joking with him. Generally in my posts I do not attempt to directly attack peoples points of view, but rather just show engage in conversation about the other side of the coin.

What you said wasn't at all confrontational! He must be having a bad day or something. What you said was spot on, and he being an ambassador, wasn't living up to mobile nations honor code by blowing up like that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Facebook does many things I don't like. But I do it to keep up with my kids and grandkids. I also like some of the Pages. Many are angry they took Messages out and forced you to get Messenger. Doesn't bother me. I've been using Messenger over 2 years. But I have 4 Facebook accounts, counting my wife's. So I also use Friendly+. All 4 accounts on one app. It's actually not too bad. Not as good as, but ok. And The Messages Work In Friendly+.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Facebook does many things I don't like. But I do it to keep up with my kids and grandkids. I also like some of the Pages. Many are angry they took Messages out and forced you to get Messenger. Doesn't bother me. I've been using Messenger over 2 years. But I have 4 Facebook accounts, counting my wife's. So I also use Friendly+. All 4 accounts on one app. It's actually not too bad. Not as good as, but ok. And The Messages Work In Friendly+.

I wasn't too keen on being forced into Messenger. Otherwise I'm addicted, as I mentioned.

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't use the app as it's a memory and battery hog, but I did save the icon on my home screen so that it launches FB in the browser.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I Dumped facebook right after school semsester ended. I ended up making a new one so i could log in to places without having to make a new account each time and to hit the like button to download free music. Ignus Ramos i chose because really why not

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I feel the same way. I dislike a bunch of things about FB but I still have my account to keep in touch with friends & family. I usually log on about once every couple of weeks and I hate Messenger with a passion. It annoys me that I need a separate app to get FB messages. Maybe I'll try Friendly+ so I can get rid of an app.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same way. I dislike a bunch of things about FB but I still have my account to keep in touch with friends & family. I usually log on about once every couple of weeks and I hate Messenger with a passion. It annoys me that I need a separate app to get FB messages. Maybe I'll try Friendly+ so I can get rid of an app.
Yup, most of my family and friends still use it and that's why I need to keep my Facebook account in there still...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's a free version of Friendly. I don't recall the differences, unless it was ads. They have color themes. Even pink. It's like Facebook in Safari, but with more features.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I left FB alone a few years ago because I thought there was too much drama and I didn't like where it was heading regarding privacy.

A couple weeks ago someone I hadn't seen or heard from in many years contacted and asked if I was on FB. Our conversation ended with us planning sort of a reunion. I haven't seen some of them in over 13 years.

Things like that make me wanna go back, so no I don't think it's lame, it just didn't work for me at the time. It works for some people.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't mind Facebook. I can understand why skis people hate it though. I use it to keep in touch with family/friends.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind Facebook. I can understand why skis people hate it though. I use it to keep in touch with family/friends.

Keeping in touch with family and friends is just about the only reason I can see, to keep it activated.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I love Facebook because of family (my elders are on there now) and friends. So I stick around for that purpose but I will not allow them to update automatically.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have Facebook still but there are days where I really consider shutting it down when you see family members acting ridiculous or people sending you the game requests.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods