Tapatalk Pro update

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Tapatalk Pro version 3.0 is now available. Have you tried it yet? There are some UI optimizations available for iPad. Any feedback so far?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I updated yesterday some time, and played with the app for a short period of time. The unread glitch is still prevalent but I'm using iOS 8 beta 3 so it's a moot issue in that regard.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use the free version. I still can't find $4 worth of difference between the free and paid versions. Other than no watermark on photos, what other features or options does the paid version have that make it worth $4?

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I use the free version. I still can't find $4 worth of difference between the free and paid versions. Other than no watermark on photos, what other features or options does the paid version have that make it worth $4?

I believe the Pro version has more default tabs to choose and more themes. I really didn't like that orange theme. The watermark on photos bugged me too. JMO.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I believe the Pro version has more default tabs to choose and more themes. I really didn't like that orange theme. The watermark on photos bugged me too. JMO.
I use the dark theme. It's easy on my eyes. I've had a lot of eye surgery, and all the brightness is uncomfortable. It's why I dislike the look of iOS 7. I get around the watermark by posting photos for iMore using the iMore app. I go online in Safari to post photos on other sites that don't have an app. But I may splurge soon for the paid Tapa.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I use the dark theme. It's easy on my eyes. I've had a lot of eye surgery, and all the brightness is uncomfortable. It's why I dislike the look of iOS 7. I get around the watermark by posting photos for iMore using the iMore app. I go online in Safari to post photos on other sites that don't have an app. But I may splurge soon for the paid Tapa.

I used the iMore Forums app and the free version of Tapatalk. I bought the Pro version a few months ago. They made a change in the new update that I'm not crazy about, but I guess I'll have to get used to it.

misanthropic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
hello,

After I made the update on my ipad, my theme got changed from dark theme to orange and white... but for the life of me I cannot find anymore the section in settings were I can set my theme. Can anyone tell me what is up with that, am I the only one who is experiencing this problem?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
hello,

After I made the update on my ipad, my theme got changed from dark theme to orange and white... but for the life of me I cannot find anymore the section in settings were I can set my theme. Can anyone tell me what is up with that, am I the only one who is experiencing this problem?

Thanks.

Can't figure that one out also.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have the new tapatalk Pro on their iPad and missing the theme colors under settings. I am
I see at least 2 other people are as well as me.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
hello,

Thanks.

As you can see by my quote I am missing it also

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

4 theme colors instead of 2 and now that I just updated I don't even have them on my iPad.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I used the iMore Forums app and the free version of Tapatalk. I bought the Pro version a few months ago. They made a change in the new update that I'm not crazy about, but I guess I'll have to get used to it.
I don't like it at all, the way they changed the forums and they left out the themes in the iPad version .

McGuyver3

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't recall updating the app but it the screen layout on my iPad was definitely different yesterday. I am very displeased with the change, I am actually to the point that I will not use it. I searched the settings and options but did not see any way to revert back to the way forums, sub forums and threads were displayed previously. Previously when viewing a forum thread the entire screen was utilized, now the threads are displayed in the right hand 2/3's of the window ?. how it that better??? I have only had the app for a month so someone please tell me there is a simple solution to this. Tapatalk went from my favorite app to most frustrated app in a day.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think I'll keep the free version for now. I really do need the dark theme. It's so much easier on my eyes. And I haven't seen the photo watermark lately on the free version.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405648068.870054.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR