Weather app

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Whoever recommended Degrees should be flogged and sacked. That is the single worst weather app on the store. The nearest location it can find for me is Elizabeth City, NC. About 75 miles away from me. Now that's pathetic, truly pathetic.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Whoever recommended Degrees should be flogged and sacked. That is the single worst weather app on the store. The nearest location it can find for me is Elizabeth City, NC. About 75 miles away from me. Now that's pathetic, truly pathetic.

I have it on my MacBook Air but never use it.
Good Luck

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Storm Shield seems similar to Weather Underground in how it collects weather data and info. That from just reading the description. Regardless, $5 is a bit much. I use 4 3rd party weather apps. When severe weather strikes, Weather Underground is first with the alerts. The Red Cross Tornado is the loudest. eWeather HD has a great temp badge that's very accurate to the current temp. I'm going to put Storm Shield on my wish list and watch for a sale.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Regardless of what weather app you use, if you live in tornado alley or a tornado prone area, you must have Tornado. It's put out by the Red Cross. Believe me when I say if there's severe weather or a Tornado warning, you will definitely hear this alert. It's a must have for your folder of weather apps. Yes, I have 5 counting the stock weather.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tornado-by-american-red-cross/id602724318?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Everytime I try a new weather app, I do the 360-degree loop and get back to[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yahoo-weather/id628677149?mt=8&at=10l3Vy] Yahoo Weather[/URL]: Simple, pretty, with radar, "feels like," precipitation % that is accurate. No temp badge, but the more I try weather apps with temp badges the more I find them inaccurate and constantly needing of refreshing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Reports say Tornado is buggy.
What reports? It works great on my phone. I don't go into the app itself much. Just when there's a notification and I open it to make the red icon badge go off. They've had a few updates recently, so maybe any bugginess is gone. I never noticed it. I got it for the great sound alert. When we had a tornado warning not long ago, Tornado was the first and loudest to alert me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Reports say Tornado is buggy.
The temp badge on eWeather HD has been the most accurate to the current temp than all the others I've tried. I don't like the stock weather because in the afternoon it does not show the current temp on the notification center. It just gives the high for the day. It does that from around 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, from the rating within iTunes. One report said that the real tornado moved through around 3:45 a.m. while the alert arrived at 4:52. Some reports are about it crashing. Not that I need this app for the purpose of tornados, but I was curious.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The temp badge on eWeather HD has been the most accurate to the current temp than all the others I've tried. I don't like the stock weather because in the afternoon it does not show the current temp on the notification center. It just gives the high for the day. It does that from around 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
I tried eWeather and while I think it is a nice app, I absolutely love Yahoo Weather for its outmost simplicity, accuracy and abundant of info. I can live w/out a temp badge ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried eWeather and while I think it is a nice app, I absolutely love Yahoo Weather for its outmost simplicity, accuracy and abundant of info. I can live w/out a temp badge ;)
I tried Yahoo and liked it at first. It was similar to the Weather Channel app. What I liked with Yahoo were the local background images. But they only showed for a short time, then all it showed were sky photos. I couldn't figure how to get the local photos back, so I deleted it. I use 4 3rd party weather apps. Each has a feature or option I like that the others don't have. If I could find one that includes those things I like, I would only have 1, instead of 4. :)

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
weather underground is good. honestly the weather app on the iphone which i believe is yahoo weather isnt even that bad.
It uses Yahoo for its weather info. [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yahoo-weather/id628677149?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Yahoo Weather[/URL] is a more robust, stand-alone app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711