Everytime I try a new weather app, I do the 360-degree loop and get back to Yahoo Weather: Simple, pretty, with radar, "feels like," precipitation % that is accurate. No temp badge, but the more I try weather apps with temp badges the more I find them inaccurate and constantly needing of refreshing.
    08-16-2014 06:49 PM
    Reports say Tornado is buggy.
    What reports? It works great on my phone. I don't go into the app itself much. Just when there's a notification and I open it to make the red icon badge go off. They've had a few updates recently, so maybe any bugginess is gone. I never noticed it. I got it for the great sound alert. When we had a tornado warning not long ago, Tornado was the first and loudest to alert me.
    08-16-2014 06:56 PM
    Reports say Tornado is buggy.
    The temp badge on eWeather HD has been the most accurate to the current temp than all the others I've tried. I don't like the stock weather because in the afternoon it does not show the current temp on the notification center. It just gives the high for the day. It does that from around 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    08-16-2014 07:07 PM
    Well, from the rating within iTunes. One report said that the real tornado moved through around 3:45 a.m. while the alert arrived at 4:52. Some reports are about it crashing. Not that I need this app for the purpose of tornados, but I was curious.
    08-16-2014 07:07 PM
    The temp badge on eWeather HD has been the most accurate to the current temp than all the others I've tried. I don't like the stock weather because in the afternoon it does not show the current temp on the notification center. It just gives the high for the day. It does that from around 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
    I tried eWeather and while I think it is a nice app, I absolutely love Yahoo Weather for its outmost simplicity, accuracy and abundant of info. I can live w/out a temp badge
    08-16-2014 07:12 PM
    I tried eWeather and while I think it is a nice app, I absolutely love Yahoo Weather for its outmost simplicity, accuracy and abundant of info. I can live w/out a temp badge
    I tried Yahoo and liked it at first. It was similar to the Weather Channel app. What I liked with Yahoo were the local background images. But they only showed for a short time, then all it showed were sky photos. I couldn't figure how to get the local photos back, so I deleted it. I use 4 3rd party weather apps. Each has a feature or option I like that the others don't have. If I could find one that includes those things I like, I would only have 1, instead of 4.
    08-17-2014 11:28 AM
    I used to use yahoo weather! It has a great design and is pretty good...
    08-18-2014 11:22 AM
    weather underground is good. honestly the weather app on the iphone which i believe is yahoo weather isnt even that bad.
    08-21-2014 01:50 PM
    weather underground is good. honestly the weather app on the iphone which i believe is yahoo weather isnt even that bad.
    It uses Yahoo for its weather info. Yahoo Weather is a more robust, stand-alone app.
    08-22-2014 11:34 PM
    In iOS 8 the built in weather app is switching to weather underground for its source.
    08-23-2014 12:00 AM
    In iOS 8 the built in weather app is switching to weather underground for its source.
    I thought it was switching to Weather Channel?
    08-23-2014 10:12 AM
    I thought it was switching to Weather Channel?
    I think you're right and I got them confused.
    08-23-2014 10:17 AM
    In case anyone is interested:
    Weather Underground is owned by The Weather Channel.
    The Weather Channel is 25% owned by NBCUniversal, which is own by Comcast.
    I use several but Weather Underground &. eWeather HD are my favorites.
    Good Luck
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-23-2014 10:45 PM
    Yeah, Weather Underground and eWeather HD are my 2 faves. If I need the "feels like", I can step outside.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    TurboTiger likes this.
    08-24-2014 12:01 AM
64 123