I have an iPhone 5 (iOS 7.1.1 no jailbreak). I'm looking for an app to lock some of my app because they contain many private things. Anybody has any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    06-14-2014 06:01 AM
    I'm waiting to see that app either. I even wish ios 8 could add an option to lick apps with the Touch ID that will be so cool

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
    timcold likes this.
    06-14-2014 06:10 AM
    Just put a passcode on the iPhone or use apps that have a passcode built in like Dropbox. There is no built in way to lock individual apps I f the app developer didn't add it themselves.
    Jaguarr40, timcold and JustZE like this.
    06-14-2014 08:52 AM
    Which apps would you like to lock? Can any of the "private" stuff be moved to an app you can lock? I sometimes take screenshots of private things and put those screenshots in a photo album app that can be locked.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    timcold likes this.
    06-14-2014 09:03 AM
    Just put a passcode on the iPhone or use apps that have a passcode built in like Dropbox. There is no built in way to lock individual apps I f the app developer didn't add it themselves.
    Said perfectly.
    06-14-2014 10:05 AM
    Which apps would you like to lock? Can any of the "private" stuff be moved to an app you can lock? I sometimes take screenshots of private things and put those screenshots in a photo album app that can be locked.

I want to lock some app like BBM or viber cuz I dont want my friend to borrow my phone then read the sms in these apps

06-14-2014 12:16 PM
    I want to lock some app like BBM or viber cuz I dont want my friend to borrow my phone then read the sms in these apps

You can delete any texts you don't want to keep. If there are important ones, you can screenshot them and save in an app you can lock. Then delete those from BBM or Viber.

06-14-2014 12:34 PM
    You can delete any texts you don't want to keep. If there are important ones, you can screenshot them and save in an app you can lock. Then delete those from BBM or Viber.

That's so unconvenient.
    Hope that iOS 8 will develop some apps that have this function! Do you think so?

06-14-2014 12:37 PM
    Just don't let other people borrow your phone.
    agalaria and timcold like this.
    06-14-2014 05:19 PM