Feedly

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having problems with Feedly? This may be your answer...

Denial of service attack
Posted by @feedly

2:04am PST ? Criminals are attacking feedly with a distributed denial of service attack (DDoS). The attacker is trying to extort us money to make it stop. We refused to give in and are working with our network providers to mitigate the attack as best as we can.

We are working in parallel with other victims of the same group and with law enforcement.

We want to apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that you data is safe and you will be able to re-access your feedly as soon as the attack is neutralized.

We will update this blog post as soon as we have more information.

Thank you.

/Edwin and Seb

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to get my RSS feeds, however, there's still a lingering problem with the initial syncing so I'm assuming the DoS attack is ongoing.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I find it amazing or disconcerting how anxious we get when we cannot connect. We’ve become so dependent on the Internet that whenever a part of it stops working, even for a short period of time, we freak.

Yeah, I’m not getting any of my feeds yet, either.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I find it amazing or disconcerting how anxious we get when we cannot connect. We’ve become so dependent on the Internet that whenever a part of it stops working, even for a short period of time, we freak.

Yeah, I’m not getting any of my feeds yet, either.

(laughing)...So true...:)

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I find it amazing or disconcerting how anxious we get when we cannot connect. We?ve become so dependent on the Internet that whenever a part of it stops working, even for a short period of time, we freak.

Yeah, I?m not getting any of my feeds yet, either.

Your right. And much more when we leave our cel phones at home too. :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Feedly has updated their blog/status page:

6:25am PST – We’re making some changes to our infrastructure that will allow us to bring feedly back online. However, these things take some time to put into place and it may still be a few more hours before service is restored. Thank you so much for your patience and for sticking with us. Remember, none of your data was compromised or lost in this attack.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to get into the app on my G2 and can't sign in with Google. Guess I'll try again later!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Outside of using other apps for my news I am using the stand alone option in Reeder and added my favorite sites.

Yes iMore your in there! Lol

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
To quote the legendary master of the English language, Lawrence "Yogi" Berra, "It's d?j? vu all over again".

Denial of service attack (part 2) | Building Feedly

[h=1]Denial of service attack (part 2)[/h] Posted on June 12, 2014 by @feedly
7:26am PST: We are currently being targeted by a second DDoS attack and are working with our service providers to mitigate the issue.
As with yesterday’s attack, your data is safe. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update this blog post as more information is available or the situation changes.
/Josh