Will Enough Apps Be Optimized And Ready For IOS 8?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you think that the majority of the apps that have become known as many favorites as well as other apps be ready and optimized for IOS 8 when it goes public with very few bugs if any?
What percentage of our go to apps do you think will work and be ready?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think that a majority of developers will have optimized apps by the release of iOS 8. However, just like with iOS 7 there will be some apps that will need some work.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep, and many will all come in at the last minute. I'll see 30 app updates beginning the day before through the day of release. :)

Sent from from my iPhone 5

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The vast majority already work with iOS 8.
The more interesting question is when apps will take advantage of the new features like the actionable notifications, TouchId access, iCloud drive, and the extensions allowing them to work within another app.

Yep. I want Tapatalk Pro, and other messaging apps to use actionable notification so I can reply to messages without leaving the app.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
The vast majority already work with iOS 8.
The more interesting question is when apps will take advantage of the new features like the actionable notifications, TouchId access, iCloud drive, and the extensions allowing them to work within another app.

Thought the Dev's did a great job with ios 7 and have no doubts about Ios 8, just a bit more of a challenge for them.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Devs won't be able to submit apps until about a week prior to iOS 8 public release so many wont be updated in time. As usual, you'll see a ton of updated apps following that week or 2 after release.

GraArthy

May 30, 2014
Visit site
With the new iOS 8, I think there will be a ripple effect on key stakeholders: Developers, Advertisers, Customers (we who download) and the like.

The Developers working on apps in progress must switch to different specs for this system and those already pushed will be updated. They'll have their hands full.

The Advertisers may be faced with rising cost to get their present ads updated or, face a longer wait time to have existing ads updated.

The Customers - let's say we'll be bombarded. Updates will constantly be pushed at us and if faulty, be pushed again. Some of our favourites will not work temporarily then we may clog forums asking what, why and how.

Change is always good as we wait to embrace and have patience.

GraA

Sent from my iPod touch using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73