Do you think that the majority of the apps that have become known as many favorites as well as other apps be ready and optimized for IOS 8 when it goes public with very few bugs if any?
    What percentage of our go to apps do you think will work and be ready?
    06-07-2014 10:36 AM
    I think that a majority of developers will have optimized apps by the release of iOS 8. However, just like with iOS 7 there will be some apps that will need some work.
    06-07-2014 10:42 AM
    I agree with Pr1nce.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    06-07-2014 11:54 AM
    I think that a majority of developers will have optimized apps by the release of iOS 8. However, just like with iOS 7 there will be some apps that will need some work.
    'Nuf said...
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    06-07-2014 12:01 PM
    Yep, and many will all come in at the last minute. I'll see 30 app updates beginning the day before through the day of release.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    06-07-2014 12:04 PM
    The vast majority already work with iOS 8.
    The more interesting question is when apps will take advantage of the new features like the actionable notifications, TouchId access, iCloud drive, and the extensions allowing them to work within another app.
    taz323, pr1nce and Jaguarr40 like this.
    06-07-2014 12:19 PM
    The more interesting question is when apps will take advantage of the new features like the actionable notifications, TouchId access, iCloud drive, and the extensions allowing them to work within another app.
    Yep. I want Tapatalk Pro, and other messaging apps to use actionable notification so I can reply to messages without leaving the app.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    06-07-2014 01:56 PM
    Thought the Dev's did a great job with ios 7 and have no doubts about Ios 8, just a bit more of a challenge for them.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    06-07-2014 02:02 PM
    Devs won't be able to submit apps until about a week prior to iOS 8 public release so many wont be updated in time. As usual, you'll see a ton of updated apps following that week or 2 after release.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    06-07-2014 02:21 PM
    With the new iOS 8, I think there will be a ripple effect on key stakeholders: Developers, Advertisers, Customers (we who download) and the like.

The Developers working on apps in progress must switch to different specs for this system and those already pushed will be updated. They'll have their hands full.

The Advertisers may be faced with rising cost to get their present ads updated or, face a longer wait time to have existing ads updated.

The Customers - let's say we'll be bombarded. Updates will constantly be pushed at us and if faulty, be pushed again. Some of our favourites will not work temporarily then we may clog forums asking what, why and how.

Change is always good as we wait to embrace and have patience.

GraA

Sent from my iPod touch using iMore Forums
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    06-08-2014 03:11 PM