Apps going to monthly charges?

dustlane

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed more and more IOS app going to a monthly charge rather than the standard one time payment for premium versions. Is this gonna be the new trend? Before long we will have a separate "app bill" to go along with our wireless phone bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheasyler

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed it, as well. I'd much prefer the one-time payment, even if it's a pretty healthy fee for a robust app.

Shea Marie

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
The only app that I've noticed is MLB at bat. Still I can use it for free just to check scores.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The only app that I've noticed is MLB at bat. Still I can use it for free just to check scores.

Microsoft Office Suite is one of the more popular subscription based apps. Sure, the apps are free to download and to view documents. But to do anything productive, you need a monthly subscription.

There’s also things like Netflix and Hulu Plus. There are also subscription based music streaming apps, etc. There are a lot more than you realize.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but those are all subscription based services anyway. The OP is talking about say paying $50 for a navigation app and some prices for extras, then having to pay a fee for either using the services or the app itself fully.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711