Looking for an automatic sound profile switcher...

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
On my android phone I had a marvelous app called 'Smart Ring PRO'... that could be set up to automatically switch to pre-set sound profiles at custom times.
For example; I could set my phone to stay 'silent' between 1am-7am, than it would switch to 'hard' between 7am-5pm, and from 5pm-12am it would automatically switch to 'normal'.

- I'm looking for an iOS app that can automatically switch sound profiles for me... is there such an app?

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's nice... but I want an app that tells my phone exactly at what time, it needs to tell my phone exactly when to switch to a certain sound profile...

SunnysSaks

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
DO NOT DISTURB feature on iPhone does not even come close. There is no iPhone app that does what the Android smart scheduler or similar does. This is another example of frustrating iPhone deficiency. I have lost count of how many times I have missed calls because I forgot to switch the iPhone stupid mute slider back on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
DO NOT DISTURB feature on iPhone does not even come close. There is no iPhone app that does what the Android smart scheduler or similar does. This is another example of frustrating iPhone deficiency. I have lost count of how many times I have missed calls because I forgot to switch the iPhone stupid mute slider back on.

You can always set an alert in the clock app or Reminders to remind you to turn the switch.

SunnysSaks

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
True, but that still falls far short of what a Smart Scheduler dose AUTOMATICALLY. Remember, Android also has facility for reminders, but Android users still saw a niche for this Smart Scheduler. Besides, Sony Ericsson phones and lately Sony phones have this facility built in

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
True, but that still falls far short of what a Smart Scheduler dose AUTOMATICALLY. Remember, Android also has facility for reminders, but Android users still saw a niche for this Smart Scheduler. Besides, Sony Ericsson phones and lately Sony phones have this facility built in

I don't see demand for this being high. Most people don't have any issues turning the sound off, then back on. If Apple doesn't include the feature, I'm sure there's a good reason. You can request it here:
Feedback
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p