I use omnifocus not because i need it, because i was gifted it, its great but im far from a power user, the one thing i like is to be able to copy and paste urls in the notes section for things i wanna buy, ive tried looking everywhere and ive tried a bunch, you cant do that on the stock reminders app can you? Or else i would switch, any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    05-16-2014 05:30 PM
    Hello

You can copy/paste anything you want in the reminders app for iOS and Mac, it also has a note section where you can add more things. It is nowhere near omnifocus featurewise, but it is enough for a lot of people.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-16-2014 05:52 PM
    Hello

You can copy/paste anything you want in the reminders app for iOS and Mac, it also has a note section where you can add more things. It is nowhere near omnifocus featurewise, but it is enough for a lot of people.
    It im talking about a clickable link like i set a reminder to buy a toy for my daughter on line then i copy and paste the link from amazon and i cant click it, is there any way to do that?
    05-16-2014 09:37 PM
    It im talking about a clickable link like i set a reminder to buy a toy for my daughter on line then i copy and paste the link from amazon and i cant click it, is there any way to do that?
    I believe you have to add it to the notes section of the reminder
    05-16-2014 10:20 PM
    I believe you have to add it to the notes section of the reminder
    I tried and still nothing

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    05-16-2014 10:44 PM
    I tried and still nothing
    I just tried it in the main field & the notes field & it doesn't work.
    Good Luck
    05-16-2014 10:53 PM
    Why do you need the reminder and the clickable link in Reminders? When Reminders gives you a reminding pop up, just go to notes to click the link. The only reason I ever open the reminders app is to add or edit a reminder. There's no reason to go there for the reminder or a link. I use notes a lot for links. I also store some links on emails I drop in folders.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    05-16-2014 10:59 PM
    Why do you need the reminder and the clickable link in Reminders? When Reminders gives you a reminding pop up, just go to notes to click the link. The only reason I ever open the reminders app is to add or edit a reminder. There's no reason to go there for the reminder or a link. I use notes a lot for links. I also store some links on emails I drop in folders.

I dont need it id like it, looking to get away from omnifocus and simplify things, keep things in basically one app, i dont use the stock notes app i use evernote

Sent from from my iPhone 5

05-16-2014 11:09 PM
    Use the Evernote reminder option. Evernote replaces my calendar, reminders and notes.
    05-17-2014 12:22 AM
    You can also try Clear app. I am using it and it's fantastic!

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums
    05-17-2014 01:33 AM
    I just tried it in the main field & the notes field & it doesn't work.
    Good Luck
    You are right, it's not working, it works in the mac app though. Sorry about that, reminders app is not an "awesome" app, but there are alternatives you can use, like the already mentioned clear or pocket lists even evernote. If you have calendars app like calendars 5 (which has gone free now for limited time) or fantastical 2, they also do a terrific job at handling tasks and reminders with urls, locations and a lot more included.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    05-19-2014 05:55 PM
    I suppose I am missing something as I just went into Native Notes and put in www.iMore.com and hit the box withe the arrow pointing up and it turned it from plain. Text to a clickable link that immediately took me to iMore using my iPad and the browser from within tapatalk pro.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 05-19-2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo
    05-19-2014 09:17 PM
    I suppose I am missing something as I just went into Native Notes and put in www.iMore.com and hit the box withe the arrow pointing up and it turned it from plain. Text to a clickable link that immediately took me to iMore using my iPad and the browser from within tapatalk pro.
    Yes, i know you can do it from within the notes app, i was talking about the native reminders app in the notes section, like i set a reminder for buying my daughter a new toy, then in the notes section i copy and paste the url from safari and
    Its not clickable
    05-19-2014 09:56 PM
    You are right, it's not working, it works in the mac app though. Sorry about that, reminders app is not an "awesome" app, but there are alternatives you can use, like the already mentioned clear or pocket lists even evernote. If you have calendars app like calendars 5 (which has gone free now for limited time) or fantastical 2, they also do a terrific job at handling tasks and reminders with urls, locations and a lot more included.
    linsiris,
    I use Reminders religiously but unfortunately it needs a lot of work.
    I am also having issues with it crashing on my iPad when I press the 'i" to display more info. The crashes are intermittent.
    Anyway, let's see what iOS 8 brings us.
    Good Luck
    05-19-2014 10:54 PM
    Yes, i know you can do it from within the notes app, i was talking about the native reminders app in the notes section, like i set a reminder for buying my daughter a new toy, then in the notes section i copy and paste the url from safari and
    Its not clickable
    Yep got ya and did understand it thanks. I just added my comment because I was not clear as I am now if you knew about the doing it in notes.
    05-20-2014 07:51 PM
    Yep got ya and did understand it thanks. I just added my comment because I was not clear as I am now if you knew about the doing it in notes.
    I wish you could make multiple offers in the stock notes app like evernote, or email too notes like evernote, i found a jailbreak tweak that puts the clickable urls in the reminders app though lol
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    05-20-2014 08:35 PM
    I wish you could make multiple offers in the stock notes app like evernote, or email too notes like evernote, i found a jailbreak tweak that puts the clickable urls in the reminders app though lol
    jmendel,
    Unless I misunderstood you, you can email your notes in the Native Notes app.
    Good Luck
    05-20-2014 08:41 PM
    jmendel,
    Unless I misunderstood you, you can email your notes in the Native Notes app.
    Good Luck
    Mail them into the notes a app like evernote not mail from
    05-20-2014 08:46 PM
    Mail them into the notes a app like evernote not mail from
    Got it,
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Good Luck
    05-20-2014 08:47 PM
    Got it,
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Good Luck
    No worries thanks for all the help!
    05-20-2014 08:48 PM
    I have to say personally say I use Evernote for everything. The app on my 5S, The app on my iPad, The web based and the desktop and no matter what I do you can sync it all no matter where you jump from with it.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 05-20-2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: wording
    05-20-2014 09:13 PM
    I have to say personally say I use Evernote for everything. The app on my 5S, The app on my iPad, The web based and the desktop and no matter what I do you can sync it all no matter where you jump from with it.
    Maybe i should start using it more often then also
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    05-20-2014 09:34 PM
    I use omnifocus not because i need it, because i was gifted it, its great but im far from a power user, the one thing i like is to be able to copy and paste urls in the notes section for things i wanna buy, ive tried looking everywhere and ive tried a bunch, you cant do that on the stock reminders app can you? Or else i would switch, any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    I may be way off but in a last attempt to at least show you what I do because I use a lot of clickable links for various things but they can be for all intents the same as you so I will show you how I use Evernote to do it using the list on the left that any of them I keep links be ie the text list or the list on the right. The I just go in as you would save a link and click on that to take you to,the toy you want to buy.

Every link under either note I make are all clickable and then I make folders to keep these notes in. At least I tried and I hope maybe that will work and if not maybe you will find uses for Evernote.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    05-20-2014 09:40 PM
    Maybe i should start using it more often then also
    Click on the pic to blow it up and you can see the top. This is what the iPad version looks like.
    05-20-2014 09:43 PM
    Click on the pic to blow it up and you can see the top. This is what the iPad version looks like.
    I think im gonna try using it more often, thanks for all the advice!!
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    05-20-2014 10:30 PM
29 12