Can you copy & paste urls with the Reminders app?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I use omnifocus not because i need it, because i was gifted it, its great but im far from a power user, the one thing i like is to be able to copy and paste urls in the notes section for things i wanna buy, ive tried looking everywhere and ive tried a bunch, you cant do that on the stock reminders app can you? Or else i would switch, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Reminders

Hello

You can copy/paste anything you want in the reminders app for iOS and Mac, it also has a note section where you can add more things. It is nowhere near omnifocus featurewise, but it is enough for a lot of people.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Hello

You can copy/paste anything you want in the reminders app for iOS and Mac, it also has a note section where you can add more things. It is nowhere near omnifocus featurewise, but it is enough for a lot of people.

It im talking about a clickable link like i set a reminder to buy a toy for my daughter on line then i copy and paste the link from amazon and i cant click it, is there any way to do that?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

It im talking about a clickable link like i set a reminder to buy a toy for my daughter on line then i copy and paste the link from amazon and i cant click it, is there any way to do that?

I believe you have to add it to the notes section of the reminder

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Why do you need the reminder and the clickable link in Reminders? When Reminders gives you a reminding pop up, just go to notes to click the link. The only reason I ever open the reminders app is to add or edit a reminder. There's no reason to go there for the reminder or a link. I use notes a lot for links. I also store some links on emails I drop in folders.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Why do you need the reminder and the clickable link in Reminders? When Reminders gives you a reminding pop up, just go to notes to click the link. The only reason I ever open the reminders app is to add or edit a reminder. There's no reason to go there for the reminder or a link. I use notes a lot for links. I also store some links on emails I drop in folders.

I dont need it id like it, looking to get away from omnifocus and simplify things, keep things in basically one app, i dont use the stock notes app i use evernote

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

You can also try Clear app. I am using it and it's fantastic!

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I just tried it in the main field & the notes field & it doesn't work.
Good Luck

You are right, it's not working, it works in the mac app though. Sorry about that, reminders app is not an "awesome" app, but there are alternatives you can use, like the already mentioned clear or pocket lists even evernote. If you have calendars app like calendars 5 (which has gone free now for limited time) or fantastical 2, they also do a terrific job at handling tasks and reminders with urls, locations and a lot more included.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you copy & paste urls with the Reminders app?

I suppose I am missing something as I just went into Native Notes and put in www.iMore.com and hit the box withe the arrow pointing up and it turned it from plain. Text to a clickable link that immediately took me to iMore using my iPad and the browser from within tapatalk pro.

Last edited:

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can you copy & paste urls with the Reminders app?

I suppose I am missing something as I just went into Native Notes and put in www.iMore.com and hit the box withe the arrow pointing up and it turned it from plain. Text to a clickable link that immediately took me to iMore using my iPad and the browser from within tapatalk pro.

Yes, i know you can do it from within the notes app, i was talking about the native reminders app in the notes section, like i set a reminder for buying my daughter a new toy, then in the notes section i copy and paste the url from safari and
Its not clickable

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

You are right, it's not working, it works in the mac app though. Sorry about that, reminders app is not an "awesome" app, but there are alternatives you can use, like the already mentioned clear or pocket lists even evernote. If you have calendars app like calendars 5 (which has gone free now for limited time) or fantastical 2, they also do a terrific job at handling tasks and reminders with urls, locations and a lot more included.

linsiris,
I use Reminders religiously but unfortunately it needs a lot of work.
I am also having issues with it crashing on my iPad when I press the 'i" to display more info. The crashes are intermittent.
Anyway, let's see what iOS 8 brings us.
Good Luck

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Yes, i know you can do it from within the notes app, i was talking about the native reminders app in the notes section, like i set a reminder for buying my daughter a new toy, then in the notes section i copy and paste the url from safari and
Its not clickable

Yep got ya and did understand it thanks. I just added my comment because I was not clear as I am now if you knew about the doing it in notes.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Yep got ya and did understand it thanks. I just added my comment because I was not clear as I am now if you knew about the doing it in notes.

I wish you could make multiple offers in the stock notes app like evernote, or email too notes like evernote, i found a jailbreak tweak that puts the clickable urls in the reminders app though lol

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

I wish you could make multiple offers in the stock notes app like evernote, or email too notes like evernote, i found a jailbreak tweak that puts the clickable urls in the reminders app though lol

jmendel,
Unless I misunderstood you, you can email your notes in the Native Notes app.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR