Facebook Update 9.0

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Gave up on the official app because of Ads. Paper is my preference

Is Paper the main newsfeed of Facebook? You can't visit someone's Timeline? How about the other feeds like "family", "City", High School" and etc? Very few of my FB friends are on the main newsfeed. Can you switch feeds in Paper?

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing a long time ago and stick with my Twitter Acct that I enjoy and I use Twitterrific. Keep FB, Just letting for the benefit of others. Have to be fair you know...:)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Is Paper the main newsfeed of Facebook? You can't visit someone's Timeline? How about the other feeds like "family", "City", High School" and etc? Very few of my FB friends are on the main newsfeed. Can you switch feeds in Paper?

Paper also received an update in the App Store and theses are some of the updates

I haven't found much that can't be done with paper that I couldn't do with the official app
qytyvany.jpg

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's not even the ads that discourage me from checking Facebook anymore. It's the fact that everyone's freaking "likes" and "commented on" posts/pics come out on my feed. From the types of things that I wouldn't normally follow on FB. I downloaded Paper and deleted it after 10 minutes. It felt too confusing and cluttered to me.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
whoever update the FB app, has FB disable the messaging feature in 9.0? I hate to download another app (FB messenger) just to i can chat on 1 app and read timeline on other.

I have disable auto update App Store so that I am not forced to do this.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's not even the ads that discourage me from checking Facebook anymore. It's the fact that everyone's freaking "likes" and "commented on" posts/pics come out on my feed. From the types of things that I wouldn't normally follow on FB. I downloaded Paper and deleted it after 10 minutes. It felt too confusing and cluttered to me.

i felt the same at first about Paper but if you set it up right it has its benifits and its drawbacks....now i prefer it to the official app....

my FB time is limited to a couple of views a day to keep updated on friends that i grew up with but moved away so paper works good in that aspect

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
whoever update the FB app, has FB disable the messaging feature in 9.0? I hate to download another app (FB messenger) just to i can chat on 1 app and read timeline on other.

I have disable auto update App Store so that I am not forced to do this.

No, it hasn't been disabled yet.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Facebook Messenger a long time. I like having the notifications separate from the Facebook app. When I get a message, it dings even when my phone is asleep. I only keep Facebook because of my kids and Grandkids. I have 2 Facebook accounts. One for family and friends, and one for other stuff. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2