Can You Live Without Push Notifications?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Iff there was no such thing as push notifications in apps or other parts of iDevices and had to do everything manual, Could you live without it?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I need push notifications for certain apps like Paypal telling me payments have come in for my refunds, so I have to say no I absolutely need them...

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I could live literally. But it's a feature that everyone expects and is used to. Like we could live without cars and go back to horses. But why?

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
No only I can live w/out push notifications, I turned them ALL off (it's saves on battery-life anyway). But what irks me most about 99.9% of apps is that they "push" by default, so you have to go to Settings >> Notification Center >> manually click on each app and flick to off all types of notifications (badge, sounds, showing in notification center, show on lock screen). It's insane that by default apps push.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well if they didn't exist, i'd have to live without them and I guess I would adapt.

At the moment though, for my business email account, I need instant and immediate notification of any incoming emails and Push is vital for that.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I could. I'd sure miss it for texts but I have them off now for the majority of my social apps as it stands now anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have everything set manually except for my weather apps for obvious reasons. Otherwise I do just fine without push set up for any of my apps.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I can live without push notifications. I generally have my device on silent, so I am only privy to any notifications if I'm looking at my phone.

George Jenkinson

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
With the advantage of having lived with PUSH, I can't imagine what it would be like without it - as my phone is a business phone, it would be very awkward and frustrating not having PUSH...

Smart phones wouldn't be quite so smart and it would be like reverting to dial-up internet connections in the pre-broadband "always connected" era.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro