Help - looking for single tap receipt scan and upload to dropbox

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I've been using a number of apps to help me migrate from keeping paper receipts for my work expenses, through to having them end up in Dropbox as pdf/jpg etc.

After some looking around I settled on Scanner Pro, however also tried a number of others including Receiptmate, Expensify, Receipts2Go, Genius Scan and a few more.

The problem is that the workflow is still to involved for snapping receipts between meetings or as I jump out of a cab. With Scanner Pro it is at least 6 taps (in different areas of the screen) to get the app open and an image saved.

What I'm looking for, 1 tap to open app, 1 tap to take photo, 1 tap to confirm image is ok & then auto upload to Dropbox or Google Drive without saving a copy locally.

Any ideas?

Tnx.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Ignore this. Wrong photo. Look at next post

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1395483880.874662.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1395483880.874662.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 6

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd use evernote app. It's one tap on the camera note icon. It is uploaded to evernote but is as effective as Dropbox.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1395484268.481742.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am biased towards Genius Scan and I know that was one you mentioned and it was just updated last week, You may want to see what they added to the new version. :)

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, for my workflow evernote just doesn't quite work, I certainly see where you are coming from (you might like to look at ReceiptMate, dropbox integration by default, this is basically where this quest started).

As for Genius Scan, tried it yesterday, it's a solid app, however is missing the following features: Straight into camera mode when app opens, Single tap capture and save, auto upload to cloud service & auto removal from local storage when uploaded.

I've also checked out ExpenseCloud, Expensify (seems great, but expensive), Wave Receipts (great system like Expensify, however doesn't have a work flow to mark receipts/expenses as submitted or do proper reports), JotNot, Sharpscan, TinyScan, CamScanner and also a few more.

The one that seems to tick a few boxes is Receipts Magic Pro, it offers the quick workflow that I need, open app....straight to camera mode, click to take picture, auto upload to Dropbox/etc, then auto delete from local after X days. It tries to do some OCR, that don't seem to work, but I honestly don't care about that bit as with all OCR you need to double check.

So as things stand right now, it's a case of use the free version of Expensify or Receipt Magic Pro ($1.99).

Thanks for the input.