i've only ever used the google search app for google now but i just realized it is fully functional as a browser as well...

besides the design, and the chrome to chrome mobile syncing what are the differences?

i wish google now worked in chrome mobile!
    03-14-2014 11:59 PM
    In my opinion, nothing....
    03-15-2014 10:11 AM
    I use Safari since it's faster. Apple doesn't allow other non-Apple apps to use the faster JavaScript.
    03-15-2014 10:15 AM
    I use Safari since it's faster. Apple doesn't allow other non-Apple apps to use the faster JavaScript.
    Same here. I simply type what I want to search for, and its there
    03-15-2014 10:34 AM
    I believe in using the native apps when I am able to unless I have no choice.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    03-15-2014 11:27 AM
    Like native apps, Safari has worked the best for me.
    03-15-2014 11:54 AM
    Guys you are straying from subject, the OP asked what where the differences between google search and chrome for iOS, not what browser you like best. Felt like advertising

Now, there are indeed differences between the two I'll try to point out a few I remember. Feel free to correct me or add more.
    - Chrome is a full featured mobile web browser.
    - Multiple tabs (you can open multiple tabs manually in chrome while in Gsearch they open automatically when needed, you can't open one yourself)
    - Incongnito tabs (chrome only, although you can enable private sessions in safari)
    - Request desktop site (chrome only, safari can't do that either)
    - Tabs open in chrome are the ones that sync with desktop chrome or other devices (the ones open in G search do not sync)
    - Bookmarks (Gsearch doesn't sync your bookmarks or history with desktop chrome or other devices)
    - Google now (G search only)
    - Open other google apps from within the app (in G search you can choose directly to open any other G app installed or not in your phone)

I hope this short list help you clear your doubts
    03-15-2014 02:44 PM
    Thanks for answering OP's question thoroughly. Looks like I need to keep both GSearch and Chrome (and obviously Safari) on my ipad!
    06-02-2014 02:45 AM
    Guys you are straying from subject, the OP asked what where the differences between google search and chrome for iOS, not what browser you like best. Felt like advertising

Now, there are indeed differences between the two I'll try to point out a few I remember. Feel free to correct me or add more.
    - Chrome is a full featured mobile web browser.
    - Multiple tabs (you can open multiple tabs manually in chrome while in Gsearch they open automatically when needed, you can't open one yourself)
    - Incongnito tabs (chrome only, although you can enable private sessions in safari)
    - Request desktop site (chrome only, safari can't do that either)
    - Tabs open in chrome are the ones that sync with desktop chrome or other devices (the ones open in G search do not sync)
    - Bookmarks (Gsearch doesn't sync your bookmarks or history with desktop chrome or other devices)
    - Google now (G search only)
    - Open other google apps from within the app (in G search you can choose directly to open any other G app installed or not in your phone)

I hope this short list help you clear your doubts
    FYI you can request desktop site in Safari.
    09-25-2015 10:02 PM
    FYI you can request desktop site in Safari.
    FYI that post is from the beginning of last year, as the date indicates and FYI at that time, safari didn't have that feature

Yeah, yeah, Sent from Tapatalk and all that stuff
    09-25-2015 10:08 PM
    FYI that post is from the beginning of last year, as the date indicates and FYI at that time, safari didn't have that feature

Yeah, yeah, Sent from Tapatalk and all that stuff
    Thanks for the quick, smart *** response.😕
    10-03-2015 12:49 AM