chrome mobile vs google search app

razzyjones

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
i've only ever used the google search app for google now but i just realized it is fully functional as a browser as well...

besides the design, and the chrome to chrome mobile syncing what are the differences?

i wish google now worked in chrome mobile!

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys you are straying from subject, the OP asked what where the differences between google search and chrome for iOS, not what browser you like best. Felt like advertising :rotfl:

Now, there are indeed differences between the two I'll try to point out a few I remember. Feel free to correct me or add more.
- Chrome is a full featured mobile web browser.
- Multiple tabs (you can open multiple tabs manually in chrome while in Gsearch they open automatically when needed, you can't open one yourself)
- Incongnito tabs (chrome only, although you can enable private sessions in safari)
- Request desktop site (chrome only, safari can't do that either)
- Tabs open in chrome are the ones that sync with desktop chrome or other devices (the ones open in G search do not sync)
- Bookmarks (Gsearch doesn't sync your bookmarks or history with desktop chrome or other devices)
- Google now (G search only)
- Open other google apps from within the app (in G search you can choose directly to open any other G app installed or not in your phone)

I hope this short list help you clear your doubts :)

Marsh511

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for answering OP's question thoroughly. Looks like I need to keep both GSearch and Chrome (and obviously Safari) on my ipad!

Ezra Collier

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Guys you are straying from subject, the OP asked what where the differences between google search and chrome for iOS, not what browser you like best. Felt like advertising :rotfl:

Now, there are indeed differences between the two I'll try to point out a few I remember. Feel free to correct me or add more.
- Chrome is a full featured mobile web browser.
- Multiple tabs (you can open multiple tabs manually in chrome while in Gsearch they open automatically when needed, you can't open one yourself)
- Incongnito tabs (chrome only, although you can enable private sessions in safari)
- Request desktop site (chrome only, safari can't do that either)
- Tabs open in chrome are the ones that sync with desktop chrome or other devices (the ones open in G search do not sync)
- Bookmarks (Gsearch doesn't sync your bookmarks or history with desktop chrome or other devices)
- Google now (G search only)
- Open other google apps from within the app (in G search you can choose directly to open any other G app installed or not in your phone)

I hope this short list help you clear your doubts :)

FYI you can request desktop site in Safari.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice