Looking for a Twitter app with these features

Agent-P

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I switch back and forth between iOS and WP, and I use a Twitter app on WP that I would really like to find an equivalent for on my iPhone. I don't mind paying for it if need be. Ideally I'd like all four of these features in one app, but I'll list them in order of importance:

1. Automatically splitting long tweets: I'd like the option to be able to type out a tweet longer than 140 characters (say, 150 characters) and have the app automatically split them and apply an appendix to the end of each tweet that says "(1/2), (2/2), etc." and I do not want it to use an external service like Twitlonger or anything.

2. A muting feature: I'd like to be able to mute some users so that their tweets don't appear in my timeline. For a reference, Tweetbot does this.

3. Inline photo previews: it doesn't matter to me if it shows a preview of the entire photo or just a portion of it like Twittelator Neue does.

4. The ability to schedule tweets to be sent out at a specific time. Again, without using an external service.

The first two features are the most important to me, but if someone knows of an app that has all four I'd be truly grateful. (and if anyone is curious, the app I'm referring to on WP is called MeTweets)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure. Maybe [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hootsuite-for-twitter-facebook/id341249709?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]HootSuite[/URL]?

Agent-P

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure. Maybe Tweeting sis the only one I know that splits tweets into two

I just looked up Tweetings and based on the description it comes so close. The only issue I have with it is it uses external services for the longer tweets. But it does have the other three features. But I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks.

I don't really know of any apps that can fit your needs :(, but Tweetbot seems really popular. :)

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like my ideal app doesn't exist on iOS. But I figured I might as well ask just in case someone happens to know one. I currently switch back and forth between Tweetbot and Echofon Pro as they are both pretty good Twitter apps. I can see why people like Tweetbot so much. I carry around my 920 anyway, so I just MeTweets when I need the tweet splitting feature. But I'd like not to have to switch devices.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Tweetbot is my favorite but it doesn't split tweets. I don't know of any iOS twitter apps with all 4 features, but hopefully someone with knowledge of a bunch of twitter apps will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Agent-P

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for the suggestions. I've already looked at Hootsuite and unfortunately doesn't meet my needs. I currently rotate between Tweetbot, Twitterific, and Echofon on my iPhone. If anyone else has any other suggestions, keep 'em coming. I'm willing to try out almost any Twitter app to see if I can find my favourite.

Tweeting sis the only one I know that splits tweets into two

I've looked into Tweetings and it comes super close. It technically has all four features, but it uses an external service for long tweets. However, I will still download it and try it out since it has the other three. Thank you for the suggestion.