I'm looking for calendar app that has the ability to make custom alerts to calendar events (ie, 2 weeks, or 1 day a 8:00pm) that also syncs with stock app (for purposes using a shared calendar). If it won't sync with the native app, then it needs to at least sync with shared google calendars.
    02-26-2014 02:59 PM
    That is quite a requirement and i think your best bet is to dive into the app store where you will find plenty of calendars - You are just going to have to go through them since you have some very special items that calendar has to be capable of doing. Best of luck.
    02-26-2014 03:38 PM
    I've been looking through the app store forever. The descriptions are pretty vague regarding the ability to have custom alerts. I didn't think it would be such a problem to find one that has it, in fact I'm still shocked that the native app doesn't do it. Stock android and blackberry calendars have had this ability for ages. I could go through and download the free apps to see which ones do it (if any), but I'm not going to download any paid apps until I get some verification that they have the ability to do custom alerts. I'd hate to buy something only to find out it doesn't meet any of my requirements. I'm hoping to leverage the knowledge of the fine folks here imore and get some quality advice.
    02-26-2014 03:46 PM
    I've tried Cal by Any.do and it lets me set a custom alert like I was wanting and it seems to sync with the native calendar pretty well. The interface isn't my favorite since I've not found an easy way to move through months quickly. Seems to lag a bit. I like the "Cal Moment" which will give you an alert to your daily itinerary at at time I can designate. Since I'm not 100% thrilled with the interface, I'll probably continue to use the native app for most things, but will use Cal for adding events that need custom alerts. I'm still open to suggestions on other apps that have this capability, so please let me know if you are aware of any!!
    02-27-2014 12:11 PM