What's your favorite sports app for iOS 7?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a huge sports fan. If you're like me this is one of my favorite times of the year, the college basketball season is winding down. In my opinion the first weekend of the NCAA tournament is the best weekend in sports, and it's right around the corner. Of course, I like MLB, NFL, NBA, NCAA football and men's basketball. I'll even watch the NHL Playoffs, NASCAR or Indy racing. I've tried many sports apps over the years. ESPN SportsCenter, Team Stream and a few others. My favorite sports app has always been theScore, formerly called ScoreMobile. It allows me to follow my favorite sports, games and teams. It's a great app that works and looks great with iOS 7. What's your favorite sports app for iOS 7?

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
theScore would be my favaourite sports app followed by ESPN sportscenter, NHL gamecenter, TSN mobile app and the TSN Tradecenter app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've tried a few sports app and, in the past, had always reverted back to using the ESPN SportsCenter app. However, since I installed the latest iteration of theScore app, I really haven't missed using the ESPN app so it's safe to say that theScore app is my current favorite. I also have the NCAA Sports app installed and I like it as well. I really like the "upset alerts" that the app initiates.

ckillam3

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I am very interested to read all that is published on this subject.

I have tried a few apps and keep the Yahoo Sportstacular as my primary. It allows me to list my favorite teams and receive push alerts for games, in-contest periods like innings, scores, etc., and works pretty well. It has no video, which I am not interested to view on an iPhone. I wish it picked up NCAA Baseball, and the lower NCAA divisional sports. I recommend this app.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I've tried them all but still only have the ESPN app installed. I think the thing that keeps selling me on the app is the SportsCenter jingle. I love that.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
In terms of apps I would have to also say yes to Score- but to be honest I don't use it all that often- when I want information I usually just jump on my twitter feed-

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have used SportsCenter (ScoreCenter) for years, and I have just recently started using the Score. I find the Score's updates are quicker...while watching Flyers games, the Score will send me a notification literally a second after the goal, while SportsCenter can come 5 minutes later. I still use them both simultaneously.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Yahoo Sports and ESPN ScoreCenter for general sports information.

MLB at Bat and NHL GameCenter are two of the most used apps on my phone.