If you are looking for these types of apps please post them - This thread is written to assist other members to get the answers they want. Help them and us out!
    02-12-2014 11:52 AM
    I use this:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/media-p...mUvbUpU2191552

[INFO]PlayerXtreme is a video player worthy of the elegant iPad. With PlayerXtreme you can watch your movies on the go from anywhere even if they’re in any format even if they don’t normally play or even sync with your iPhone! Download PlayerXtreme & start transferring & watching your favorite movies without conversion!

PlayerXtreme is able to run files in almost any video format. It has currently the following formats covered:

3gp, asf, avi, divx, dv, dat, flv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, vob, webm, wm, wmv

[/INFO]
    02-12-2014 03:24 PM
    John yester
    Does it find the files or do you have to do something first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-12-2014 04:57 PM
    VLC and Goodplayer both support AVI playback on iOS devices.

If you are sharing the files via SMB, then Goodplayer will just find the shares on the network, you can stream, or download them to your iphone/ipad for off line playback. VLC supports dropbox now I believe.

You can also copy the AVIs onto your device using iTunes
    02-14-2014 05:42 AM
    VLC for iOS. It plays almost all types of formats with every video quality. I use it to watch avi,mkv and mp4 formats on my iPhone all the time!
    P.S Its already updated to iOS 7 look.
    02-14-2014 11:26 AM
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/infu...mUvbUpU2197506

I use Infuse 2.0. I think there is an in app purchase to play all video formats but tv shows are automatically grouped into seasons with artwork and descriptions. Previously used 'av player' but it takes ages to sort the videos into folders.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-20-2014 05:28 PM
    Except this way, there is another method to play AVI and other video formats that iPhone doesn't support on iPhone: convert AVI to iPhone compatible formats.

Many tools can finish this task such as HandBrake and Faasoft AVI to iPhone Converter.

Both of the two works like a charm.
    02-12-2015 12:50 AM
    Why do some videos on my iPhone does not play? Is the need to convert file?
    06-10-2015 03:27 AM
    AVPlayer. Plays everything. Easy to add media.
    06-11-2015 02:06 AM
    I'm recommending Walter too. It's so easy in use and store or videos inside native app, its really handy. Also you can try VLC - it has much more capabilities.
    07-16-2015 12:01 PM
    I use Sunshine, it can play every video, audio and photo files. You can also connect to other devices (ipad, mac, windows and android) and play files stored in those, I found this very convenient.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/suns...mUvbUpU2772051
    07-14-2016 01:41 AM
    I used to watch movies, films, seasons and videos by downloading them in my iPad. 90% of the videos are in .avi format so I have faced this problem many times in the past. To fix this issue once in for all, I searched for a media player applications on iTunes that can play an audio or video without any hinderance. So I found PlayerXtreme which plays all audio/video formats including .avi files. For your convenience I am sharing the source link

Source Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/play...mUvbUpU2793708
    08-26-2016 02:20 AM
    I used to watch movies, films, seasons and videos by downloading them on my iPad. 90% of the videos are in .avi format so I have faced this problem many times in the past. To fix this issue once in for all, I searched for a media player applications on iTunes that can play an audio or video without any hinderance. So I found PlayerXtreme which plays all audio/video formats including .avi files. For your convenience, I am sharing the source link

Source Link:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/play...mUvbUpU2793715
    08-26-2016 02:58 AM
    I used to watch movies, films, seasons and videos by downloading them in my iPad. 90% of the videos are in .avi format so I have faced this problem many times in the past. To fix this issue once in for all, I searched for a media player applications on iTunes that can play an audio or video without any hinderance. So I found PlayerXtreme Media Player app which plays all audio/video formats including .avi files.
    08-26-2016 04:43 AM
    PlayerXtreme Media Player. It supports all file formats.
    08-22-2017 04:35 AM