It seems that the 50,000.000 Downloads ruined the developers life so as of tonight this is the latest:

‘Flappy Bird’ App Grounded by Creator - ABC News

Video and story follows.

It should ruin my life like this!!!!!! SMH
    Just_Me_D and taz323 like this.
    02-10-2014 09:40 PM
    Bye Bye Flappy Bird!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-10-2014 09:44 PM
    I wish I could ruin my life making $50k a day. I would be the most miserable person in the world!
    Just_Me_D and Spencerdl like this.
    02-10-2014 09:46 PM
    I wish I could ruin my life making $50k a day. I would be the most miserable person in the world!
    Do you have 50K meaning 50,000 downloads as opposed to the 50 Million downloads!! Either one I could deal with...
    02-10-2014 10:21 PM
    So I'm looking around on eBay and people are selling their iPhones that have flappy birds installed for up to $5000. Very curious to see if anyone will actually purchase them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-11-2014 12:17 AM
    Guy actually has a hit app, and it ruined his life.... Ok
    02-11-2014 12:23 AM
    Some people don't make any sense.

02-11-2014 01:21 AM
    So I'm looking around on eBay and people are selling their iPhones that have flappy birds installed for up to $5000. Very curious to see if anyone will actually purchase them.

I've been seeing them in Craigslist in my area as well. Some are selling them on Android too. It's ridiculous.

My thing is, don't you have to be logged in to the App Store with Apple I.D to even have the game downloaded? So people are basically selling their phones with their accounts still attached to them. At least that's how I see it, lol.

02-11-2014 01:31 AM
    I've been seeing them in Craigslist in my area as well. Some are selling them on Android too. It's ridiculous.

My thing is, don't you have to be logged in to the App Store with Apple I.D to even have the game downloaded? So people are basically selling their phones with their accounts still attached to them. At least that's how I see it, lol.

You don't gave to be logged in to the AppStore.
    02-11-2014 07:46 AM
    I think the whole thing is ridiculous. Has his 15 min of fame ended yet? I can't believe this is even news.
    HAWK likes this.
    02-11-2014 07:52 AM
    I think the whole thing is ridiculous. Has his 15 min of fame ended yet? I can't believe this is even news.
    We can only hope.
    02-11-2014 08:01 AM
    Trust me this Developer may say it ruined his life while he is running all the way to the bank as a Millionaire.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 02-11-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    02-11-2014 10:23 AM
    Recap he pulled it for fear of it becoming an addiction oh well

I read he's the Dev of the year and death threads this is getting comical

Well back to the PIPES 🐦

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    HAWK likes this.
    02-11-2014 11:41 AM
    Believe it or not, some people aren't seeking fortune and fame. In certain places around the world, becoming wealthy and famous can be detrimental to one's health because it breeds hope to others looking for a way out of poverty and the powers that be might find that threatening. Personally, I do believe the developer when he says that the attention has ruined his quiet & simple life, but I DO NOT believe him when he says that he pulled the app because it has become addicting to those who play it. Still, I respect his choice to pull the app from the App Store.
    02-11-2014 11:44 AM
    You don't gave to be logged in to the AppStore.
    Oh. Completely forgot you can download apps then log out.
    02-11-2014 12:29 PM
    Do you have 50K meaning 50,000 downloads as opposed to the 50 Million downloads!! Either one I could deal with...
    I think they meant $50k a day. The ads still show up in the app so I think he is still making the money. It was just a stunt to make people get the app.
    02-12-2014 09:46 PM

You can download it and then remove the Apple ID from the device. If you buy an Android device with that game on it for that much you are stupid. You can just get the apk file and save yourself the couple thousand bucks.
    02-12-2014 09:49 PM