Can't seem to find a password keeper :(

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I recommend "Dashlane" from personal experience and the iPhone has a built in password keeper - "Keychain."

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

TreyDaPrince

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Right now I use Keeper but as soon as 1 Password updates to iOS7, then I'll switch to that. I bought it when it was on sale a few weeks ago but didn't like the fact that they didn't update it to match the iOS7 look & feel.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Right now I use Keeper but as soon as 1 Password updates to iOS7, then I'll switch to that. I bought it when it was on sale a few weeks ago but didn't like the fact that they didn't update it to match the iOS7 look & feel.

There were so many :yes: for 1 Password but I didn't realize that it wasn't updated to the iOS7. Any idea when that might be? I'm still looking around and reading and just researching because I don't want to choose one that suddenly goes down or something.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
1Password is fine on iOS 7. It hasn't been updated to be exclusively iOS 7 (they are still supporting users on iOS 6) but I use not extensively and have not had any issues.

Hmmm...that's good to know. Now is it easy for someone to transfer all their...not sure what to call them but accounts or secret pw for all the accounts that person has? How does that work?

O..and I can't recall if I saw anyone mention...Roboform...Was wondering about that one. Facecrooks is affiliated with that one so just curious if anyone uses this one?

Zug3349

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
There are several options around. I personally prefer LastPass, however if you want to go free you might consider Mitro, which works quite well. Another good option it's PasswordBox, the only downside is its lack of 2 factor authentication, which is a no go for me. But this feature will be soon available.

w_corey

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
There are too many of them but you have to choose which one fits your needs. I use Safe from phnsft. The difference to other password managers is that you can also encrypt images. It is very nice designed and really easy to use. The price is anyway unbeatable and it works great. There is also a mac version. I hope I could help you with your problem.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You got that right w_corey. There are too many to choose from and this is the reason for my post. I just can't pick and choose any one to keep my PW's in because these aren't just PW's...there my banking stuff my credit card info etc. So I can't just pick the one that everyone is mentioning ya know. I need to do my research & compare with the other ones as well. Look at what each can do for me via iPhone and possibly my laptop too. Check out free vs $$$. This is what's taking me so long. Lol ��

Did anyone mention if 1 password was free or not? All I found was the one for $17.99 I believe.

Hopefully I'll be done soon so I can be done with this.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You got that right w_corey. There are too many to choose from and this is the reason for my post. I just can't pick and choose any one to keep my PW's in because these aren't just PW's...there my banking stuff my credit card info etc. So I can't just pick the one that everyone is mentioning ya know. I need to do my research & compare with the other ones as well. Look at what each can do for me via iPhone and possibly my laptop too. Check out free vs $$$. This is what's taking me so long. Lol ��

Did anyone mention if 1 password was free or not? All I found was the one for $17.99 I believe.

One password is not free. I use data vault and it has a place for credit card I if as well as log in

jagfan2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I just can't pick and choose any one to keep my PW's in because these aren't just PW's...there my banking stuff my credit card info etc...... .

The Vault - Secure Document and Data Storage
With this app, one can store any type of info including banking, credit card, notes, pictures and documents. I have several PDF and Word documents I secure with this app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Please check out the iMore Blog's review of a few app via the following link:

Best password manager apps for iPhone and iPad: 1Password, oneSafe, LastPass, and more! | iMore

With that in mind, know that some of the password apps are limited to being just password apps. Others will allow you to create your own template based on your needs. DataVault is an app that allows you to do just that. I have passwords, login information, credit card & other banking information, personal identity information and other stuff stored via the app, and I am able to create and name / rename an entry field to my liking. Other password-related apps allow you to do the same.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The link above is a good one but what they fail to to tell you is most of these Password apps like Password Keeper is Free but has a desktop companion that cost which is used to sync and backup. That is why everytime you open it up it tells you that you are unprotected, Do you want to turn it on? 1 Password is great but expensive. My choice is Data Vault and yes it has a desktop companion I paid $9.99 for but once you enter the info in the app, You can auto backup to Dropbox, The device itself or iCloud automatically. If you add something to your app you can then sync to the desktop companion or vice versa when you get home like I do. To me it is the most intuitive, it has templates for anything and I literally store everything backed up to 3 places automatically.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow...as I try to untangle my brain from all your comments lol...and believe me I truly appreciate every single one of them because your personal use and input on all of these items are really what I'm looking for. And I think I've basically narrowed it down to 3 of them. But I want to read that entire article that JustMe'D posted for me and see if that helps me as well.

The one thing that I'm not sure was mentioned is with all these password keepers etc...they have the capabilities to generate strong passwords for you and save them as well and when you go to log into that site again it automatically will sign you in? Does this do this on the iPhone and if it has a desktop version you sync to will it also do that as well? And I'm understanding that it holds everything else like your banking and credit cards etc. Just looking for clarification on that one question.

Off to read the article and I'll return later. Thanks so very much for all your inputs I truly appreciate them.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
First is the fact that when it generates it's random password then you have to use the apps built in web browser to access the site. For the most important sites like banking this is a no go. I use my financial institutions apps to log into my accounts. I know I can probably log into the password app, copy the password and paste it into the financial institutions app but this is too convoluted.
I use the second option and it takes a few more taps but the security is worth it! Have had Lastpass a while now and love it :)

Second I always worry about site getting hacked. These password sites have way more focus on them to get hacked into than I do. And seeing how companies have been slow to release notifications of hacking break-ins, I don't really trust all my sensitive data to them.
Lastpass has multiple levels of security and emails you if sites are hacked and can help you determine if your password was compromised. They are very proactive! Well worth the $12!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow...as I try to untangle my brain from all your comments lol...and believe me I truly appreciate every single one of them because your personal use and input on all of these items are really what I'm looking for. And I think I've basically narrowed it down to 3 of them. But I want to read that entire article that JustMe'D posted for me and see if that helps me as well.

The one thing that I'm not sure was mentioned is with all these password keepers etc...they have the capabilities to generate strong passwords for you and save them as well and when you go to log into that site again it automatically will sign you in? Does this do this on the iPhone and if it has a desktop version you sync to will it also do that as well? And I'm understanding that it holds everything else like your banking and credit cards etc. Just looking for clarification on that one question.

Off to read the article and I'll return later. Thanks so very much for all your inputs I truly appreciate them.
Without a doubt YES all of the apps that I mentioned to you and the article that 'D provided to you ALL have the capability to generate it's own strong password and be it yours or the one the apps do, They can also masked as well. I hope this finishes what you needed and above all don't make it complicated for you - As long as you pic DataVault.....LOL :biggrin:

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Without a doubt YES all of the apps that I mentioned to you and the article that 'D provided to you ALL have the capability to generate it's own strong password and be it yours or the one the apps do, They can also masked as well. I hope this finishes what you needed and above all don't make it complicated for you - As long as you pic DataVault.....LOL :biggrin:

LOL...you're funny :laughing: But you're right about all the suggestions & advice here...A lot to actually choose from and a lot of reading as well...I decided to try the ones that were mentioned the most here for about 2 weeks each...only because I really want to see the difference amongst them and see how easy it is to set up etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2