Can't seem to find a password keeper :(

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I really love my MaskMe on my desktop and laptop...it does so much for me it's unreal. It holds all my passwords for all the sites I'm registered in...actually it will make me very strong passwords and remember for the next time I sign into that site because it will auto sign me in. It'll mask my email if I didn't want to give them my real email address so I don't get all the spam that usually goes along with it. It's just something I've been using for a few yrs now and I'm totally lost without it lol. So wish they had it for my iPhone. But is there an app out there similar to this one (free) I can't seem to find anything that has any kind of good reviews...let alone many people using it. Does anyone know of any good password keepers? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You :)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There are several apps to choose from. I use an app called Password Keeper. It's free and I've used it for over a year. It's very clean and easy to use. It has auto fill and will remember your passwords for all your website logins and has a password generator. Good luck choosing an app. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been using an app called Splash ID. It's a great password keeper and is cross platform with apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac. It will also generate strong passwords and can be used via the cloud or independently. I'd be truly lost without it.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I've always generated my own passwords. I love the idea of using a password generator/keeper like Lastpass or others but I can't seem to get past two drawbacks.

First is the fact that when it generates it's random password then you have to use the apps built in web browser to access the site. For the most important sites like banking this is a no go. I use my financial institutions apps to log into my accounts. I know I can probably log into the password app, copy the password and paste it into the financial institutions app but this is too convoluted.

Second I always worry about site getting hacked. These password sites have way more focus on them to get hacked into than I do. And seeing how companies have been slow to release notifications of hacking break-ins, I don't really trust all my sensitive data to them.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried DataVault? It also has a desktop companion to sync it with and it syncs to Dropbox and the cloud as well. Great app. I keep everything in it.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been using an app called Splash ID. It's a great password keeper and is cross platform with apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac. It will also generate strong passwords and can be used via the cloud or independently. I'd be truly lost without it.

What do you mean by "cross platform with apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac."?

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried DataVault? It also has a desktop companion to sync it with and it syncs to Dropbox and the cloud as well. Great app. I keep everything in it.

This is an app that keeps all your passwords and signs you in to your websites and even makes you strong passwords?

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Can't find a password keeper? There are dozens in the App Store - all price points. Many cross platform.
Lots of different features...

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Can't find a password keeper? There are dozens in the App Store - all price points. Many cross platform.
Lots of different features...

Well that was just the title of my post...I really couldn't make it all that long now could I...lol And yes I found some password keepers...but none that were impressing me all that much and posting my question and getting the comments and advice from others I find to be very helpful in my search. That's all. And I don't quite understand what the "cross platform" as I had asked earlier above but no reply. Thanks very much tho :yes:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Well that was just the title of my post...I really couldn't make it all that long now could I...lol And yes I found some password keepers...but none that were impressing me all that much and posting my question and getting the comments and advice from others I find to be very helpful in my search. That's all. And I don't quite understand what the "cross platform" as I had asked earlier above but no reply. Thanks very much tho :yes:

Cross platform means that it's available on other Operating Systems.

jagfan2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Check out.....The Vault - Secure Data and Document Storage. It is free but has several in app purchase options if needed. Developer is very responsive. I've been pleased with the product.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I recently found one called Enpass. 4.99 for a universal app, I believe android has an app as well. On too of that for a limited time they are giving away the free windows and Mac client. Everything stays synced with automatic Dropbox syncing. I haven't even thought about a password manager since.

Sent through time and space via NSA Prism proxy for your adulterated viewing pleasure.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods