AccuWeather app VS TWC(the weather channel) app, which one is more accurate?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I use TWC personally along with my TV stations local app they have which is a good one. I also use the Native APP.

I am sure the OP meant Accurate in weather Temp. After all that is what they provide... Among other things - Mainly Temp....SMH!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
its funny- i have about 10 to 12 different weather apps and my go to is always TWC- every time
I am more partial to it myself and as I mentioned our ABC affiliate here has its own separate news and weather app that I use because the weather app is very reliable for my area of course.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I don't find either one to be accurate since the current temp is taken somewhere far from where I live and is usually of as much as 4 degrees.

Try BeWeather.
It was a great app on BlackBerry and they just introduced an iPhone App.
They use data from Weather Underground which uses neighborhood weather stations for the current conditions
It free and they have a paid version as well.

Good Luck

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't find either one to be accurate since the current temp is taken somewhere far from where I live and is usually of as much as 4 degrees.

Try BeWeather.
It was a great app on BlackBerry and they just introduced an iPhone App.
They use data from Weather Underground which uses neighborhood weather stations for the current conditions
It free and they have a paid version as well.

Good Luck
Have they gotten the negative temps to work on the icon yet?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Have they gotten the negative temps to work on the icon yet?

No and still working out bugs form some, like me, with the Temp Badge in general.
However, based on their reputation of getting out a great app as they did for BB, I'm sure they will work thinks out.
But frustrating in the meantime.
Good Luck

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya! I believe they will get the bugs worked out sooner than later. It was a great app for bb. The only thing that isn't working right for me is the negative temps. Also would like to see the icon change to the current weather but don't think apple allows that?

Gale T

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I look at them both daily especially during the harsh winter. I feel TWC is more accurate in forecasting what the temperatures will be both current and the overnight lows. For example right now it's 9 degrees TWC reports. Accuweather has that it's only 4 degrees. They constantly are a few degrees lower then TWC. I don't know why this is. I don't have proof that TWC's current temp right now is correct but I trust them more and I know how I feel when I step outside. It doesn't feel as cold as Accuweather is saying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73