BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Up until this past week, I was receiving alert notifications to my lock screen and NC screen each hour. But now I get 3 early in the morning. One at 4:00 am, 5, and 6. Then they stop until the next morning.??

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've got 5 beta Apps in TestFlight. The only ones that go to Spam Purgatory are the BeWeather apps. All the others come in on the inbox. The others are on different gmail accounts though. But still odd. They're all iTunes, which I have in contacts and set as VIP in mail. ?
Anyhow, the free version has the same "share" issue as the paid version. Here's an example I put on a black background to see the issue better.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425510466.338173.jpg

Again, as I said before, you can barely make out the BeWeather logo and name. And the white strip at the top looks bad. So far everything else looks ok. Gotta look some more.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1. The weather map opens already in motion.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425511209.736206.jpg

2. The "Upgrade Now" button needs a better spot so as not to anger users. It's sorta in the way. Like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425511797.554704.jpg

But perhaps something like this would keep users from saying words not allowed on iMore.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425511922.502898.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The free version seems to lag behind the paid version with the temp badge. I have to launch the app to update the temp.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425536601.831968.jpg

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Temp lag always happens with the latest beta for me, always have to open to get the right temp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have paid version and the temp badge is never right. Always have open it.
Have you tried switching to a different personal weather station. Some update more timely than others. You can set to see "reported at" and tell when they update their info.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 78262

2. The "Upgrade Now" button needs a better spot so as not to anger users. It's sorta in the way. Like this:
View attachment 78263

But perhaps something like this would keep users from saying words not allowed on iMore.
View attachment 78264

The free version is limited in the number of locations you can add. That should avoid the overlapping as you cannot add that many locations. I will have to double check. Your suggested layout does make sense though.

You can have more locations in the free version if you have the paid version installed. The sync their settings, so whatever number of locations you have in the paid version will also be in the free one.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
The free version seems to lag behind the paid version with the temp badge. I have to launch the app to update the temp.
View attachment 78285

The free version does not support the homescreen icon temperature badge. Temperature badge, weather alerts and lockscreen weather are the only features not available in the free version. (Basically everything that would run in the background. We have to limit the number of data requests to our servers) You will get a upgrade request message when you try to enable them in the free version.

The problem here is that settings are synced between the free and paid version. As you have turned the setting on in the paid version, it was also somehow half-heartedly enabled in the free version ;-)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The free version does not support the homescreen icon temperature badge. Temperature badge, weather alerts and lockscreen weather are the only features not available in the free version. (Basically everything that would run in the background. We have to limit the number of data requests to our servers) You will get a upgrade request message when you try to enable them in the free version.

The problem here is that settings are synced between the free and paid version. As you have turned the setting on in the paid version, it was also somehow half-heartedly enabled in the free version ;-)
They do have separate notifications listed in the phone's settings. I turned the badge for the free version off. The 2 seem completely independent of one another. But that may just be my perception. I suppose the syncing causes that perception.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425909727.872158.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It seems to work as well as the paid version. I have much of it turned off so as not to interfere with the paid version. But I find no issues.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 78262

View attachment 78263

View attachment 78264

In pfluger's defense, the free version only allows 5 locations, so the fact that the update button partially obscures the "add location" link below the 5th location is really not an issue.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am having an issue with both the free and the paid version. I was out of the country for about 10 days. I've been back for > 20 hours, but the location-based location is still showing the out-of-the-country airport location. I have done a hard reset, and force-quit both the free and paid version. Privacy > Location > BeWeather (paid and free) are both set to ALWAYS.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I am having an issue with both the free and the paid version. I was out of the country for about 10 days. I've been back for > 20 hours, but the location-based location is still showing the out-of-the-country airport location. I have done a hard reset, and force-quit both the free and paid version. Privacy > Location > BeWeather (paid and free) are both set to ALWAYS.

Have you tried reinstalling the app? I don't think this app stores any data in your cloud, so that should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried reinstalling the app? I don't think this app stores any data in your cloud, so that should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't want to do that and have to redo all the configuration options that I've done. I simply deleted the auto-location, and re-added it. Problem solved.

matyou98

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Using paid version and its stopped updating as of last night. Uninstalled/reinstalled and now it can't find any locations. Is this happening to anyone else?

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Some users are currently not getting any weather data from our servers. We are aware of the issue and working on it.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Some users are currently not getting any weather data from our servers. We are aware of the issue and working on it.

pfluger, what's the status on this issue? I am having issues with the correct temperature in my area, often a discrepancy of 10 degrees! I keep changing the nearby weather stations but it doesn't solve the problem. I love your app and I am sad to see this happening...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR