BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I TOTALLY agree with this post....SMILE
I still have issues on the widget. I think it must be the PNG images I used on Launcher. They may be using a lot of memory. But I get 3 sections really well. And that's still a lot of weather info for a widget. I can get 4 if I delete everything but Launcher. I tried Trond's Widget Weather, and it was nice. But it doesn't show much.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I still have issues on the widget. I think it must be the PNG images I used on Launcher. They may be using a lot of memory. But I get 3 sections really well. And that's still a lot of weather info for a widget. I can get 4 if I delete everything but Launcher. I tried Trond's Widget Weather, and it was nice. But it doesn't show much.

No problems with the widget or app on my device. The BeWeather2 app (IMHO) has enough options and is working great, I personally think it's ready for the Apple app store, anything else can come in an update.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Will there be other weather services that we can use on this app. Right now the weather underground is way off showing the windchill the same as the weather, but other weather apps show the windchill and weather more accurate.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Will there be other weather services that we can use on this app. Right now the weather underground is way off showing the windchill the same as the weather, but other weather apps show the windchill and weather more accurate.

Where are you located? WU is accurate in my area.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Where are you located? WU is accurate in my area.

It’s pretty "hit or miss" in the Phoenix metro area. Of course, a large part of the issue is how WU works - it’s a network of Persona Weather Stations (PWS), any of which could be spot on or way off. It’s kind of the nature of the beast.

Try using another weather station/source in your area. Tap on the city name and then choose a new PWS from the list and see of that makes it any better/more accurate.

Unfortunately, the PWS that get selected as my GPS/default location is not very accurate. I wish there was a way to block the PWS that are historically inaccurate.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
A friend has an Android phone, I'm trying to change him, but he's wanting to know if they will have version of this weather app soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Most of my personal weather stations don't include the "feels like". It does show rarely. But even the airport location doesn't show it. So I just don't show that. I changed mine to "Humidity". If I want to know what it feels like, I step out the door. :D

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
One minor inconsistency is weather data slots. There is some duplication, for example I have pressure in one of the 4 top slots. But pressure also shows down at the bottom of the page.

It seems like all of the weather slots should only show in one place. For example if you selected none in the top 4 slots then all should show on the bottom. But don't show any of them twice.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If everything goes well and there are no new major bugs we will use the next beta version as the official release.

This is GREAT to hear. Now I can concentrate on Weather sets that won't disappear with an official release. Did you manage to add some Apple (and others) weather sets for the official BeWeather2 ? The Blackberry sets are ok, but not sure how that will look on an Apple device...SMILE

Last edited:

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, still having the same issue on the iPad after the latest update. Still no way to access Settings.

Still love the app and widget, but this bug is still present. After each update, I have to delete and reinstall the app to be able to access Settings. Just a minor annoyance really.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
One minor inconsistency is weather data slots. There is some duplication, for example I have pressure in one of the 4 top slots. But pressure also shows down at the bottom of the page.

It seems like all of the weather slots should only show in one place. For example if you selected none in the top 4 slots then all should show on the bottom. But don't show any of them twice.
This is by design. Think of the four weather data slots on the top of the page to be "shortcuts".

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Version 2.0.42 is now pending beta approval. I hope this is not going to take another 2 days like the last one.

• Fixed occasional clipping of large temperature display in app
  • Fixed bolding of fonts in app
  • Now always using the same Helvetica-Neue-Thin for temperature (regardless of global 'Bold Text' setting)
  • Fixed temperature font too bold in sidebar
  • Fixed alert screen not using bold font when global 'Bold Text' is enabled
  • Re-designed location permission screen. Now blue background with BeWeather logo on top.
  • Added text 'Weather Data by' next to WU logo. Custom WU logo per theme (dark and light one)
  • Fixed 24 hour setting
  • Removed Snell Roundhand font

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Version 2.0.42 is now pending beta approval. I hope this is not going to take another 2 days like the last one.

• Fixed occasional clipping of large temperature display in app
  • Fixed bolding of fonts in app
  • Now always using the same Helvetica-Neue-Thin for temperature (regardless of global 'Bold Text' setting)
  • Fixed temperature font too bold in sidebar
  • Fixed alert screen not using bold font when global 'Bold Text' is enabled
  • Re-designed location permission screen. Now blue background with BeWeather logo on top.
  • Added text 'Weather Data by' next to WU logo. Custom WU logo per theme (dark and light one)
  • Fixed 24 hour setting
  • Removed Snell Roundhand font

That was quick. Did you make any changes to the map fading speed?

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Will the next beta fix the wind speed issue. It keeps saying 0 on PWS but airport has an actual reading ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415799555.742373.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415799571.151390.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73