BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
A new version is awaiting beta approval by Apple.

Changes in 2.0.31:

• Showing help message on first app launch (how to open full map)
  • Automatically scrolling to last selected iconset when opening iconset selector
  • Changed 'Wind' weather data slot to show units as part of the label
  • Slowed down radar/sat animation
  • Smoothed radar/sat animation by using cross-fade between frames
  • Added Weather Underground logo into bottom/right corner of forecast data
  • Added new Light Opaque and Dark Opaque themes (in app only)
  • Added option to use 'empty' value for weather data slots
  • Added action indicator (expand/contract/edit location) visibility toggle
  • Added support for global 'Bold Text' accessibility setting
  • Using slightly thicker font for temperature display
  • Removed Savoye Let Plain font
  • Fixed 'Default' iconset preview icon not showing when opening the iconset selector

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been playing with it on my iPad mini and it is working great. Changes are working with no noticeable lag or problems. I am using the same icons for both.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
A new version is awaiting beta approval by Apple.

Changes in 2.0.31:

• Showing help message on first app launch (how to open full map)
  • Automatically scrolling to last selected iconset when opening iconset selector
  • Changed 'Wind' weather data slot to show units as part of the label
  • Slowed down radar/sat animation
  • Smoothed radar/sat animation by using cross-fade between frames
  • Added Weather Underground logo into bottom/right corner of forecast data
  • Added new Light Opaque and Dark Opaque themes (in app only)
  • Added option to use 'empty' value for weather data slots
  • Added action indicator (expand/contract/edit location) visibility toggle
  • Added support for global 'Bold Text' accessibility setting
  • Using slightly thicker font for temperature display
  • Removed Savoye Let Plain font
  • Fixed 'Default' iconset preview icon not showing when opening the iconset selector

Looks very good. How long does Apple usually take to approve beta version?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't add many widgets and the BeWeather 2 widget remain stable with 4 sections. I had 12 of 20 from Launcher and a countdown widget. BeWeather worked ok. I added Neato, and BeWeather vanished. So to have the widgets I want in addition to BeWeather 2, I'll need to just use 3 sections. As a test, I deleted the countdown widget, and BeWeather came back to life. Is anyone else seeing this correlation between number of widgets and how well the BeWeather widget works?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

BigMike535

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's Launcher causing my problems. I can cut those down to 8 and see what happens.

I have all 16 showing in launcher and haven't had problems with BW2. But I'm not using any custom icons in launcher either, so that might be your issue.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have all 16 showing in launcher and haven't had problems with BW2. But I'm not using any custom icons in launcher either, so that might be your issue.
Maybe. I used PNG images. I created most myself. I really don't know. He said it's not my old iP 5. Maybe it's a cache issue. 16? I had 20.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I can't add many widgets and the BeWeather 2 widget remain stable with 4 sections. I had 12 of 20 from Launcher and a countdown widget. BeWeather worked ok. I added Neato, and BeWeather vanished. So to have the widgets I want in addition to BeWeather 2, I'll need to just use 3 sections. As a test, I deleted the countdown widget, and BeWeather came back to life. Is anyone else seeing this correlation between number of widgets and how well the BeWeather widget works?

It is strange that one widget does influence another one. That would be a poor implementation on Apple's side. It could mean that when other widgets run the maximum allowed memory changes for all widgets.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
So it looks like Apple doesn't work on weekends. Maybe it get's approved tomorrow.

This is definitely the longest we have waited for beta approval yet. It just went from 'Waiting for Review' into 'In Review'. So somebody is currently working on it ;-)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
One issue with 2.0.31. It looks like the temperature on the main app screen is clipped just a bit at the bottom:

View attachment 71105

The move to add the weather measurement unit to the label was genius. I love it.

Still testing stability and other issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro