BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Good job with the latest update. No more bouncing widget!

I don?t have any active weather alerts, but curious to know if the issue with the main weather icon being tucked up under the banner (in the app) is still there.

And I?m still lobbying for an option to bold the temperature on the app screen (like it is on the widget).

View attachment 70592 View attachment 70593

I would like to see this bold also

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This update was a huge step forward. The widget is very stable so far even without the default icon set. The app itself and badge updated in the background for the first time.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
This is a fine tuning comment but on the day of the week section the weather icons and high/lo temps could be centered/lined up on the screen better. The hi/low temps seem off the the right a bit too much.

IMG_0137.PNG

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be another bug on the hourly section that affect locations that are not the home location. In a non home location, there could be a day light saving time bug. Here it shows time is 5:58 pm but that does not show up correctly in the hourly section. Now and sunset are showing before the actual time.

IMG_0138.PNG

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
There appears to be an issue (consistency) with the font setting. I have both the app and widget font set to Avenir, yet it looks different - look at the curve of the '7' on the app screen as opposed to the '7' on the widget screen.

View attachment 70597View attachment 70598

We have tried applying the custom font settings and it doesn't really work. Widths/heights vary so much that using any other font will usually lead to cut off or distorted temperature display.

See attached screenshot for an example.

We will have to spend some time in the future to fine-tune every font separately. For now it will simply use the default font regardless of the custom font.

IMG_0778.jpg

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
This update was a huge step forward. The widget is very stable so far even without the default icon set. The app itself and badge updated in the background for the first time.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.
Great to hear! Main problem with the widget was a memory restriction that iOS imposes on extensions. Once an extension uses more than 10MB it gets killed. Considering a fully loaded iconset is 20MB in size it wasn't easy to get under that limit ;-)

How is the widget doing for everyone else? Especially those that had problems when using multiple sections and custom iconsets?

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be another bug on the hourly section that affect locations that are not the home location. In a non home location, there could be a day light saving time bug. Here it shows time is 5:58 pm but that does not show up correctly in the hourly section. Now and sunset are showing before the actual time.

View attachment 70624
The time you see in the status bar is always your local time. The times you see in the hourly forecast are relative to the location's time zone.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be a bug in hourly view. After sunset, today's sunset goes to the end of the list after sunset.

View attachment 70617

After sunset it will show tomorrow's sunset. I see how that could be confusing and also seems to lead to a display bug (the overlapping). We will remove the sunset in this case.

EDIT: Just double checked, it does make sense to show sunset after sunrise, but it looks strange when there are no forecasts in-between. (See my screenshot) We will have to look into this.

IMG_0779.PNG

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Minor issue: when you select a widget icon set and it returns to the widget settings page, it show the widget icon set as default. It has the correct one because checking NC or going back to the main settings page and returning to the widget settings fixes it.

Strange. I am not able to replicate this. Anyone else seeing this? What iOS version are you on?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
We have tried applying the custom font settings and it doesn't really work. Widths/heights vary so much that using any other font will usually lead to cut off or distorted temperature display.

See attached screenshot for an example.

We will have to spend some time in the future to fine-tune every font separately. For now it will simply use the default font regardless of the custom font.

Pfluger, please understand that I am not trying to be critical. I truly appreciate the fact that you are here interacting with us and allowing us input into your development process. I understand that everything that we (I) want will not be possible, and I am thankful that you have allowed me a voice, nonetheless. BeWeather 2 is a really good weather app, and I am excited to be helping to make it better in whatever way I can.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
The time you see in the status bar is always your local time. The times you see in the hourly forecast are relative to the location's time zone.

In my example, Madison WI's time is also 5:58pm (same as my local time in Chicago area). So this does not seem correct.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Pfluger, please understand that I am not trying to be critical. I truly appreciate the fact that you are here interacting with us and allowing us input into your development process. I understand that everything that we (I) want will not be possible, and I am thankful that you have allowed me a voice, nonetheless. BeWeather 2 is a really good weather app, and I am excited to be helping to make it better in whatever way I can.
Keep the ideas coming, please :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you try removing/re-adding the widget. Also try restarting the phone.

I gave done both. Maybe it's my old 5 with the A6 chip. 3 stable sections is a big improvement on my phone. But I'll work with it some more. I tap on the widget, rub it, remove and add back, and switch to the Notification side and back. :)

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen