BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why could there be such a difference in results from one phone to the next? I can't find any common denominator or rhyme or reason. I have no issues in the App itself. I'm not able to check the custom sets yet. But all else looks great! The NC widget is a different bird. It's like the last update for me. A few I can get to work with 3 sections. Most not. Most work with 2 sections, especially if one is the "Current Conditions". I have noticed that for some widget sets, if I wait long enough it will load. But most don't, if they have more than 2 sections. I honestly don't have that many iconsets that work well with more than 2 sections. And when I do get one working, it vanishes if I tap to change location. I, too, like Map Preview Off. Sometimes when I open the map, it's already in motion. I hope it doesn't run while closed. That would be a battery killer. And my phone has crashed 3 times since today's update.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414795833.398034.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I just saw that the new locations I added don't display correctly.
Plus the app still crashes after I deleted locations and leave the menu to scroll the locations. View attachment 70179
Can't scroll down for a complete view.
Going to check the widget now.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
So far the widget seems to work well for me, tried most of the icon sets under A and B.
More later when I have more time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I see that too. It?s almost like a slow "bounce" of the widget below BeWeather 2. It?s not Fantastical, but ANY widget immediately below BeWeather. I move my widgets around, and the issue follows the widget below BeWeather, regardless of where it is on the list of widgets (top, middle, bottom) or what it is.

I've seen that kind of action in the App Store when I download an app. There's this bounce action after I enter my password. It must be a loading thing.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
The way it goes up beneath the top part? Mine does that a little. I just adjust it. It is rather annoying. But not a huge issue.

I couldn't adjust it / swipe it down. Plus that the old locations are displayed just fine, the one with Blackhawk being one of the old locations.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't adjust it / swipe it down. Plus that the old locations are displayed just fine, the one with Blackhawk being one of the old locations.

Do you have Map Preview Off? If not, turn it off and see if that helps.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I’ve noticed that, as well. About half of the weather icon is up under the location name, and it does not respond to attempts to scroll/slide it down. I have Map Preview OFF, and the only way to "fix" it is to pull down on the Daily Forecast to open the map, then tap the X to close the map. When the screen comes back, it is correct.

I have 3 locations plus GPS defined (4 screens total), and this is quite noticeable as you scroll across location to location - some are correct and some exhibit this strange behavior.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OK will check that later, I've no Internet connection on my phone right now. That could be the culprit.

If you close the map by pulling up the bottom part of the screen to meet the top part, you will have that issue. But if you close the map tapping the X in the upper left corner, it should not happen.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414812246.100317.jpg

BigMike535

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
True, you can hit the X and close the map, but the new feature is to pull up on the map to close it. The new feature is not working quite right yet. It's pretty jumpy. But if the attention to detail taken throughout the app so far is any indication, I think they'll get it fixed before prime time.

And I like having the map open by default. I usually just look at the map when I go into a weather app. If I wanted to know the current temp, I would just pull down the NC. I go into the app to see exactly where the rain is to see when a good window would be to drive home and not have to deal with the people who can't drive in the rain and are surprised about the rain because their flip phone they're using to text their significant other about being late for dinner didn't warn them about it.

Anywho, I'm still not having an issue with the widget. I'll cycle through some icon sets tomorrow and update the spreadsheet, but the few I've tried so far haven't made any difference whatsoever.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
A more minor thing, after the update, the settings panel showed my icon set but the forecast didn't use it. I had to re select it.

It looks like it reset my iconset and font settings in both the app and the widget. Still running through my list.

EDIT: I see what you mean, Karen. The name of the iconset was correct, but the displayed iconset was the default set. I reset the font, as well, but not 100% sure that it was incorrect.
Yeah, sorry. I forgot to mention that this update needs you to reselect the weather icons. Some of the settings storage changed, so this was expected.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I just loaded all of the options. No problem with the widget disappearing but the text forecast now is cut off by my calendar widget.
View attachment 70165
It looks like this is a limitation imposed by Apple. No widget can be taller than "one screen full". If you scroll to align the BeWeather widget perfectly to the top of the notification center you will notice the cut off is exactly at the bottom of the screen.

We are currently tweaking the widget to save vertical space (making the location selector smaller, changing the advisory indicator to be part of the location name etc)

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I see that too. It’s almost like a slow "bounce" of the widget below BeWeather 2. It’s not Fantastical, but ANY widget immediately below BeWeather. I move my widgets around, and the issue follows the widget below BeWeather, regardless of where it is on the list of widgets (top, middle, bottom) or what it is.

Known issue. We are trying to figure that one out. Notification center doesn't seem to like it too much when widget's change height.

EDIT: Figured it out. We left some debugging code in this build that is causing this. ;-)

Last edited:

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I'd like the icon set menus to auto scroll to the selected set upon loading. This would make it a whole lot easier to test them out. That's a big list.
Good idea and makes sense.

The swipe up motion to close the map works great and makes a whole lot more sense, but it doesn't have a fluid transition. Or any transition at all. The top and bottom panes just snap closed. It also skips a bit when opening. It's obviously 2 seperate screens trying to transition in sync, but they're not cooperating with each other. Is anyone else seeing this or am I just due for a restart? iOS 8 has been full of skips and battery leaks so far. Big changes under the hood, I suppose.
Here is a video of how it should look like. Does it look any different on your device?
I pull the forecast down slowly until the map snaps into fullscreen. Then I swipe up on the toolbar to close.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I?m have the Map Preview OFF, so I don?t have that option. I can pull down on the Daily Forecast and the weather map opens up. Then I tap the X in the upper left corner, and the top/bottom of the screen close together to hide the map. Using that process, it?s "like buttah". :)
You can swipe up on the toolbar (the bottom panel with the play/pause button, timeline, hurricane button etc.) to close the map. It is not "interactive", so you can not slowly drag it up, it will just recognize a swipe and then close it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh