BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Version 2.0.22 is waiting for beta approval.

Changes in this version:

• More widget reliability improvements
  • Map fullscreen mode can be exited via swipe up gesture from the bottom toolbar
  • Reorganized settings
  • Added new "Pro Gray" theme
  • Added option to hide preview map
  • Added advisory indicator to widget
  • Added expand/contract indicator in minutely forecast
  • Fixed memory leak when using different iconset for app and widget
  • Fixed multiple crashes
  • Made minutely forecast non-tappable in widget
  • Fixed toolbar (bottom panel) in fullscreen map using wrong color in some themes

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Version 2.0.22 is waiting for beta approval.

Changes in this version:

• More widget reliability improvements
  • Map fullscreen mode can be exited via swipe up gesture from the bottom toolbar
  • Reorganized settings
  • Added new "Pro Gray" theme
  • Added option to hide preview map
  • Added advisory indicator to widget
  • Added expand/contract indicator in minutely forecast
  • Fixed memory leak when using different iconset for app and widget
  • Fixed multiple crashes
  • Made minutely forecast non-tappable in widget
  • Fixed toolbar (bottom panel) in fullscreen map using wrong color in some themes

Any word on a public release? I'm intrigued.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Want to let you know I won't be able to do a lot of testing the next 60 hours. If I have some time I'll start testing the icon sets for the widget and use the spread sheet of I understand how to use it.
Do I need to test with the same icon sets for app and widget or isn't that an issue with the current or next build?

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
A suggestion of its technically possible. If I'm on the widget but not on the first location and I tap somewhere to open the app, it doesn't open to the location the widget was showing, but instead opens to either the first location or the most recently opened location in the app.
It should already do that (but obviously doesn't). This is a bug.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Want to let you know I won't be able to do a lot of testing the next 60 hours. If I have some time I'll start testing the icon sets for the widget and use the spread sheet of I understand how to use it.
Do I need to test with the same icon sets for app and widget or isn't that an issue with the current or next build?

If you are seeing problems with a weather icon set, just post the name here, so I can try to re-produce it. No need for a spread sheet ;-)

The next build can use different sets for app and widget without problems. Should become available tonight or tomorrow.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I was fairly rapidly switching icon set (app not widget, widget was on default icon set) and the app crashed. I don't think it was the icon set itself though because I was able to go back in and pick that one (bewitching weather) and it was fine. It was also fine after switch to another and back to that one. If I had to guess it was a memory issue due to lots of different icon sets. Oddly the phone also got really warm while I was doing this.

This should be same cause as the problem with using different sets for app/widget. Next build should have it fixed. Please try again with the next build.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is a problem or just the way the radar appears, but I found it odd that the precipitation was showing in an perfect circle. View attachment 70113
Zoomed in still shows in a circle.
View attachment 70115

That's normal. It's called ground clutter. It's what you see on radar in the area of the radar location. Not sure why it's showing though. Are you close to an airport? That's usually where the National Weather Service has their radar. You can see the airport in the center of the circle. And your location pin is in the range of the circle of ground clutter. Here's our radar ground clutter. It doesn't show like yours because we are about 80+ miles away from it. This one is not at an airport. It's atop a mountain in northeast Alabama. It shows up vividly on the white map. Set your map to Satellite and Overlay to Radar. Adjust opacity. See if that helps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not that close to an airport. I do have two within about 20 miles though. I just thought it was strange because I hadn't seen it before in the app.

This from weather underground. The clutter can be a number of things, including birds, bugs, and fog.

Ground clutter (looks like activity on radar)
Radar isn't a perfect system for showing where rain is falling. Very often, the radar shows "stuff" in the air, or obsticles above the ground that aren't rain.
For example, birds and bugs can show up on radar, especially in the evening. This is because in the evening, as the atmosphere near the ground cools, the denisity of the air near the ground begins to increase. Having different density air at different heights causes the atmosphere to act like a lense. Since radar beams are just like light, they bend, and toward the ground in the evening, exposing the beam to much more of the dust, birds, and bugs near the ground. This results in false echoes. Think of a mirage, it's the same effect.
On the radar maps, we have a feature to remove "ground clutter". But, it also tends to remove some of the real precipitation. The best solution is learn to identify the false echoes through experience.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner