BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The next build is finally in review and should be available shortly.

This version has improved reliability for the today widget. Unfortunately due to a bug this does not work when different weather icon sets are used for app and widget. Please make sure to always use the same icons for both the app and the widget in this version!

I don’t see a setting for different iconsets for the app and the widget. Is that new in this (in review) version?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I really like this app/widget. Just a few more tweeks and it will be ready for prime time....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414598771.407021.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414598783.541384.jpg

Sent from my GOLD s
using Tapatalk

BigMike535

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
This is by far my favorite weather app now! So much to play with, and yet so simple. Fantasic job!

One gripe I have is after swiping down to open the map, my brain keeps telling me to swipe back up to close it. I understand why it is the way it is, swiping up could get complicated with the extra settings at the bottom, but I can't help but think that swiping up from anywhere on the section under the map should close it. Is this something you've tried out yet? I'm curious as to how this would affect usability. On the new bigger iPhones, that back button is so far away. It feels too much like a new page that you suddenly forced yourself into rather than being a part of the beautifully fluid main screen.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I didn't know you could use different iconsets for the app and widget. I've been using the same one for both. I want to use a custom iconset, but I've got to figure out how. I have created the PNG image, and took it to Dropbox and gave it a url. But this is where I get lost. Someone here will help me with that.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

I don’t see a setting for different iconsets for the app and the widget. Is that new in this (in review) version?
Different sets for app and widget is part of the update. Apple is taking their sweet time to approve this one...

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
This is by far my favorite weather app now! So much to play with, and yet so simple. Fantasic job!

One gripe I have is after swiping down to open the map, my brain keeps telling me to swipe back up to close it. I understand why it is the way it is, swiping up could get complicated with the extra settings at the bottom, but I can't help but think that swiping up from anywhere on the section under the map should close it. Is this something you've tried out yet? I'm curious as to how this would affect usability. On the new bigger iPhones, that back button is so far away. It feels too much like a new page that you suddenly forced yourself into rather than being a part of the beautifully fluid main screen.
I have just played with a version that has exactly this feature added ;-)

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update. It fixed the issue of icon sets other than the default crashing the widget if more than three sections were selected. Using Bboo with all of the sections showing and it works great Awesome job on this app!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Widget iconsets still need more stability. It seems a bit better for some iconsets. Others still won't load.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414606755.406353.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414608334.368170.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just to double check. Did you have the same icon sets set for the app while testing this?
I didn't at first, but then remembered and changed them. Still some iconsets are not as stable as they should be. I am testing with 3 sections. Some load ok, but when I change location, it vanishes. Sometimes it comes back and sometimes not. Overall it's better. The map won't stay closed now, I have to constantly close it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414610667.471212.jpg
Billiards weather
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414610691.621859.jpg
Weather Blues
The Widget is much more stable. I'm able to load four sections now. Some weather sets I'm able to alternate and have different than the app. My map is working fine closes and opens when supposed to.

Sent from my GOLD s
using Tapatalk

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
App crash after removing the second location in a row, 2 out of 4. This time however it remembered what I removed and didn't have to start over. It seemed to crash later in the process, hopefully the crash report will tell you what went wrong..
Widget items loaded fine with the icon sets I tried, all of them (5) together. However still have a problem with the layout from the rain info graphic in the widget (not within the app)

Also, like you can see it doesn't show any rain in the graph, might have to do with the radar your source uses. The second graph is from another app, or has been all day like this, consistently.

After deleting the two locations I couldn't swipe the menu to the left, previously I could with this build, only not after deleting the locations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
App crash after removing the second location in a row, 2 out of 4. This time however it remembered what I removed and didn't have to start over. It seemed to crash later in the process, hopefully the crash report will tell you what went wrong..
Widget items loaded fine with the icon sets I tried, all of them (5) together. However still have a problem with the layout from the rain info graphic in the widget (not within the app)

Also, like you can see it doesn't show any rain in the graph, might have to do with the radar your source uses. The second graph is from another app, or has been all day like this, consistently.

After deleting the two locations I couldn't swipe the menu to the left, previously I could with this build, only not after deleting the locations.

Have you tried the rain info graphic while set to the airport, rather than from a personal weather station?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
the problem I have with the map opening is on the location menu page. If I'm on the location menu page, and pull down the Notification Center Screen, it opens the map. It's not a big issue.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried the rain info graphic while set to the airport, rather than from a personal weather station?

Hmm, I tried seconds ago but I can't check right now, it stopped raining. Also nothing showing on the other app.
Previously I had it on the nearest airport and then it also didn't show up.