BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get the update invite but when I open testflight it says I'm currently not testing any apps. When I noticed that yesterday I removed and installed again but that didn't make any difference

I'm not exactly sure whats going on with TestFlight, but it should have the BeWeather icon on the right side of the page when you open it up, as to let you know what you are testing in beta....right?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
In the widget, when I tap on the Minutely Forecast, the display changes to the graph view, but the text also remains in place, obscuring the graph.

I think Pfluger is aware of this problem. Should be fixed in the next couple of updates

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
That is how I think it should work but I'm missing that icon suddenly. It was there when I just downloaded the first beta. To make sure, that first beta is still on my phone.
Where did you find the message that an update is available? Email or a notification from testflight?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That is how I think it should work but I'm missing that icon suddenly. It was there when I just downloaded the first beta. To make sure, that first beta is still on my phone.
Where did you find the message that an update is available? Email or a notification from testflight?

I didn't get a message, but Pfluger said it would be available yesterday or today so I was just checking and found that the original beta BeWeather icon was removed from the TestFlight app

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Ah OK, I thought you were able to download an update. @Pfluger what is going on? ☺
Sounds like we have the same problem, that is also how I found out the app is gone from testflight.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get a message, but Pfluger said it would be available yesterday or today so I was just checking and found that the original beta BeWeather icon was removed from the TestFlight app
Not sure I understand. The app still works on my phone. Why did you open the Testflight app? Did your BeWeather app stop working? :confused:

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I understand. The app still works on my phone. Why did you open the Testflight app? Did your BeWeather app stop working? :confused:

My BeWeather 2 beta is still working. I was checking TestFlight to see if there was an update available and that's when I noticed the BeWeather2 beta had been removed from TestFight

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

My BeWeather 2 beta is still working. I was checking TestFlight to see if there was an update available and that's when I noticed the BeWeather2 beta had been removed from TestFight

Is it simply a matter of the earlier version being removed from TestFlight to allow the new beta version to appear? I think/hope that is the situation.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I checked the App Store, and it's not there yet. I didn't know it would tell in Testflight!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's a request for a future update, and a tip for users.
The tip: You can tap on the 4 spots indicated by the green arrows and get a menu of options to show in that spot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414428194.259719.jpg

Options:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414428224.557807.jpg

The request for future update:
Place one of those shown above on the widget so it can have the same options with the ability to switch on the widget. I'd like to see wind speed, for example, on the widget. :) Thanks again!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In the widget, when I tap on the Minutely Forecast, the display changes to the graph view, but the text also remains in place, obscuring the graph.

Mine won't show 3 widget sections. It only will show the "Current Conditions" with 2 other sections. But only 2 at one time. I think he has fixed that bug for the update.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
The earlier version has been removed while the new build is waiting for beta approval.

I had already switched the Apple system to the new version assuming Apple would keep the earlier version available. I will have to wait until after approval next time :)

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Today I was removing locations, 2 out of 3.when I removed the second location the app crashed.
After removing the locations, succeeded with that after my second try, the location from the widget didn't update. It still showed the 2 old locations.
I don't know what fixed it, removing / adding the widget or closing / opening the app.
Please make sure to test this again once the new build is out. We have added better crash logging.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Problems / issues encountered so far:

View attachment 69653
Temperature was set to Celcius but in the settings it show Fahrenheit as example.
The pictures are completely static, so they won't reflect any of your settings. We might change that in the future.

View attachment 69654
Going back to the previous screen works by tapping the right part of the screen, intuitive I wanted to swipe to the left.
We have added swipe to left gesture in our internal build. Thanks for the idea.

View attachment 69655
Icon sets examples loading really slow for me, connection could better but I experience no lag with the rest of the app / other apps.
The previews will only load once you stop scrolling/dragging. We hope to be able to change that in the future.

View attachment 69656
Several letter types don't work well with this icon set. Could be the letter types or the icons or both, I've no idea.
It is difficult to make all possible font/iconset combinations work well. You might try to enable the 'Full Width' option for the widget to give it more space.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Something else I noticed. A warning for severe weather is visible in the app but you won't notice it if you only look at the widget. It would be nice if some kind of symbol within the widget would alert you there is a weather warning.
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely an oversight and will be added.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you guys get rid of those BB weather sets in the upcoming update and add new Apple weather sets? ....Just askin....SMILE
All the weather sets have been submitted by BeWeather users. We hope there will be more in the future. With Apple logos... ;)

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
This is a bug. The minutely forecast shouldn't be tappable at all. BeWeather will automatically show/expand the graph when there is any kind of precipitation.

In app the behavior is the same, it will auto show the graph but there you can open/close the graph by tapping.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2