BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
One thing I like is the ability to switch location right on the widget on the NC.
View attachment 69503
Kudos for that!
I love the app thus far. One comment regarding the temp badge is that it needs to be refreshed to show the right temp. But with iOS 8's widgets nowadays I really don't need temp badges. My other comment is in regards to the above image (courtesy of Ledsteplin): I would really like the option of only showing the top half without the details in the bottom half. Regardless, I think you have a winner here and I'm so glad BeWeather is back! (It's pretty chilli in Florence, no? :p)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Kudos for that!
I love the app thus far. One comment regarding the temp badge is that it needs to be refreshed to show the right temp. But with iOS 8's widgets nowadays I really don't need temp badges. My other comment is in regards to the above image (courtesy of Ledsteplin): I would really like the option of only showing the top half without the details in the bottom half. Otherwise I think you have a winner here and I'm so glad BeWeather is back!
Yeah, you can show just the top half. I used 2 widget sections on that. There are 5 to choose from.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
All feedback in this thread please.

If I understand correctly you want an easy way to get something like the attached screenshot?

Having the map partially visible is the "default" view. I can see where it sometimes might be preferable to see more data and no map.

We were once testing with having the top and bottom part snap together once they get close enough.

I would like a 'close all' function if you tap on the big temp number: 1: close map, 2: close forecast rain view, 3: set hourly strip to beginning if it had been scrolled over.

Then if you tap on temp again it would open map and maybe open forecast rain view.

This would allow you to quickly go back and forth to different views.

Ideally, we could also have a preference to have default view with map closed.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414254093.020493.jpg
Ok. I'm up and running without a device reset. I'm enjoying BeWeather 2. VERY NICE

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5s
using Tapatalk

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I think cutting down on the font choices (especially since there is no font preview yet) is a good idea. Right now 'Default' is Helvetica Neue.
We might also merge 'Labels Font' and 'Data Font'. I think this is just confusing for most.

Not much we can do about the iconset choices. These were all made by and submitted to us by loyal BlackBerry users over the last years ;-)

I like all the customization features. Maybe just add some help text/examples to better explain choices.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
A couple of issues/questions:

1. The next hour powered by forecast section only shows up for first location. It does not show for other locations. Is is supposed to work this way?

2. The Day line could be formatted a bit better, specifically the high/low temps seem too far off to the right even with larger weather icons and rain showing for the day.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Kudos for that!
I love the app thus far. One comment regarding the temp badge is that it needs to be refreshed to show the right temp. But with iOS 8's widgets nowadays I really don't need temp badges. My other comment is in regards to the above image (courtesy of Ledsteplin): I would really like the option of only showing the top half without the details in the bottom half. Regardless, I think you have a winner here and I'm so glad BeWeather is back! (It's pretty chilli in Florence, no? :p)
I've found that the current temp in the App and on the icon badge is directly related to the personal weather station it's set on. Mine differ. I switched stations, and the temp rose 5?. The temp on the widget still is more correct though. It updates faster than both the app and the badge. I have yet to figure that one out. If you're close to an airport, set it on that. But, yeah, some of the personal weather stations don't update as quick as others.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
So is anyone else not having the temp badge update without refreshing the app like Saibel indicated above?
This was my issue on the old version. Not everyone had this issue with the old version but I did.
I hope this is resolved before it is released.
I am not running the beta.
Big fan when I had a BB
TIA

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So is anyone else not having the temp badge update without refreshing the app like Saibel indicated above?
This was my issue on the old version. Not everyone had this issue with the old version but I did.
I hope this is resolved before it is released.
I am not running the beta.
Big fan when I had a BB
TIA

See above. I have figured out that it's directly related to the personal weather station. I have several personal weather stations here. Some update quicker than others.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I think BeWeather here is the most correct for my location. The personal weather station is 1 mile away. eWeather HD gets their info from the airport, which is 20 miles away.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414255370.571383.jpg

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
You must have been posting at the same time I was.
Unfortunately, my badge never updated regardless of what weather station I had set.
And the airport temp is usually about 4 degrees different than my local station on Weather Underground.
Tks anyway Ledstplin, still looking forward to the new app.
Good Luck

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I've found that the current temp in the App and on the icon badge is directly related to the personal weather station it's set on. Mine differ. I switched stations, and the temp rose 5?.

Yes, I noticed a gyration in temps while migrating from stations. I'm yet to find a reliable station for the temp badge though. But, as I mentioned, the temp badge is less crucial as the overall "refreshingness" of the app (widget vs. homescreen>>BeWeather).
It looks as though TurboTiger is experiencing a similar things.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Refreshing or opening the app did nothing to change the current temp on the badge. I had to switch the personal weather station. Then the current temp changed. So I don't think it's the fault of the app when the temp is slow to change. It relys on either the set personal weather station, or the airport. Don't blame the messenger! LOL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Good to know! However, if you don't touch BeWeather for an hour: Will it update the badge?

Still testing. I haven't noticed that yet. We'll see as the temp changes. I still can't figure why the widget updates faster. That's odd.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not only the icon temp badge but the entire app is not updating

Edit: just updated. How about a how often to update option

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member