BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,

You have a real winner here! I really like the app, the UI, and the customization features.

How do you want feedback sent to you? In this thread?

One feature/gesture I would like is to tap on the main temperature number and have the main view 'reset':
1. Scroll to the top, close the map, close the forecast graph if expanded.

I keep touching the temp to try to reset the view and also trying to pull down the page so the top is perfectly aligned.
I hope this makes sense.

A variation of this would be it you tap on the main temp number it closes map, etc. and if you tap on it again it goes back to prior view with map open.

I have added various locations, played with icon/font setting have had no issues so far.

Great job!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You have the Beta?

I do.

So far, my only issue is "way too many choices". Font selection is great, but would like to see the Helvetica Neue. And the number of icon sets is overwhelming. But I like the layout, and there is a butt-load of data.

And I haven’t even gotten to play with the widget yet. :)

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,

You have a real winner here! I really like the app, the UI, and the customization features.

How do you want feedback sent to you? In this thread?
All feedback in this thread please.

One feature/gesture I would like is to tap on the main temperature number and have the main view 'reset':
1. Scroll to the top, close the map, close the forecast graph if expanded.

I keep touching the temp to try to reset the view and also trying to pull down the page so the top is perfectly aligned.
I hope this makes sense.

A variation of this would be it you tap on the main temp number it closes map, etc. and if you tap on it again it goes back to prior view with map open.
If I understand correctly you want an easy way to get something like the attached screenshot?

Having the map partially visible is the "default" view. I can see where it sometimes might be preferable to see more data and no map.

We were once testing with having the top and bottom part snap together once they get close enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 61

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I do.

So far, my only issue is "way too many choices". Font selection is great, but would like to see the Helvetica Neue. And the number of icon sets is overwhelming. But I like the layout, and there is a ****-load of data.

And I haven’t even gotten to play with the widget yet. :)
Yes, I think cutting down on the font choices (especially since there is no font preview yet) is a good idea. Right now 'Default' is Helvetica Neue.
We might also merge 'Labels Font' and 'Data Font'. I think this is just confusing for most.

Not much we can do about the iconset choices. These were all made by and submitted to us by loyal BlackBerry users over the last years ;-)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I think cutting down on the font choices (especially since there is no font preview yet) is a good idea. Right now 'Default' is Helvetica Neue.
We might also merge 'Labels Font' and 'Data Font'. I think this is just confusing for most.

Not much we can do about the iconset choices. These were all made by and submitted to us by loyal BlackBerry users over the last years ;-)

Thanks for that info. Didn’t realize that the default font was Helvetica Neue. Maybe you could indicate that somehow.

I think merging the font settings (Labels and Data) is a good move. I probably wouldn’t set different fonts for the app and the widget, but I can see why some may want that option.

I get the iconset thing, but it’s still overwhelming, nonetheless.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
As soon as I'm able to download TestFight, I will be joining you Beta Testers. I think there's a problem because I've been waiting for the download to complete ....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414208102.768059.jpg

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5s
using Tapatalk

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
If you haven't received your invite yet, please make sure to check your spam folder. Looks like the TestFlight invitations end there in Gmail accounts.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
If you have problems downloading the beta, use the native mail app.
I tried initially with the gmail app and it only brought me to the AppStore to open testflight (was already on the phone)

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Very promising unique weather app with stunning widget!
I encountered some problems and made print screens. I'll report back this evening.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Like it so far. It uses weather underground info. That's cool, because it's more localized. I get the current temp here in my neighborhood, rather than 20 miles away at the airport. Motion was on for the map, and I wasn't sure about the green blobs dancing around. After consulting 2 other radar maps, It has to be either radar ground clutter or a glitch of some sort. In the screenshot, you can see the green blob.
There were several that moved quickly about. At one point it showed in the bottom brown area. Other than that, it looks and works great! Here's the screenshot:
Update: The green blob seems to be gone now from the "Map in Motion" feature. It showed the first time, but works great now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414215741.111319.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One thing I like is the ability to switch location right on the widget on the NC.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414248211.930994.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LUVING what I'm seeing so far with BeWeather 2. I'm wondering if I will be able to use my 30+ custom BeWeather sets with BeWeather 2?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
LUVING what I'm seeing so far with BeWeather 2. I'm wondering if I will be able to use my 30+ custom BeWeather sets with BeWeather 2?
I don't see an option for custom sets in this version. Just the "Share" image i showed. But I don't see anything like what you have on the old version. I've looked all through the settings. You can change the font style and it has different theme icons. I used the "Autumn Goodness" iconset. Maybe no custom image sets because of the added widget options. Even without that, this will be my favorite weather app. One thing I wish it had that Weather Underground has, is the weather radio. I get that here. Many places do not for some reason. But I'll keep weather underground too. Did you mean you have to restore?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414250940.049443.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414250950.580007.jpg