BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Just noticed when I open my BeWeather app, my music stops...is this normal? My music continues to play with all other apps open unless its another music based app

Happens to me also.

Do you have weather animations turned on? I noticed it happens on my phone if weather animations turned on, but since I switched to weather photos it hasn't been an issue.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed when I open my BeWeather app, my music stops...is this normal? My music continues to play with all other apps open unless its another music based app

Happens to me also.

Do you have weather animations turned on? I noticed it happens on my phone if weather animations turned on, but since I switched to weather photos it hasn't been an issue.

Yep, that is a known limitation of using weather animations.

deadmpa1

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I know you have options for metric or imperial units for temp and distance, but neither quite work for users of this app in the UK. OK, so as usual the UK is doing things a little differently to everyone else :) but we use Celsius for temp, mph for wind speed and miles for any distance measures - so basically a mixture of both metric and imperial. I know you're looking at additional settings and potentially reworking the settings screen as a result, but it would cover all eventualities to have separate settings for temp, wind speed and distance - that's what some of the other better weather apps do. It would certainly help your apps usefulness and popularity in the UK.

Also, out of interest, are you able to say when you think we can expect the next update please?

kristofpetho

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi pfluger,

Congrats on the app, I have been using BeWeather since BBOS 7.0, then Android, then BB10, and now the iPhone!
I always find Weather Underground to be the most accurate, and I travel a lot, so I need that.

I have noticed the following:
- when I only have a location based location and no static ones, I can swipe left to the overview. When I add a static location as well, I can not swipe left beyond the first location
- updates are erratic. Sometimes the app updates just fine, almost every hour, but sometimes I need to pull down the refresh screen a couple of times for the update to come through

Feature request:
- could we have a user-defined background for weather? I just need the data and do not even need the photos you have included - beautiful as they may be. I would just like to use my own, almost black background for maximum readibility

Thank you and keep up the great work,

Kristof

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
pfluger,
Any idea when we can expect an update that includes the "feels like" reading & a resolution to the Temp Badge issue that some of us are experiencing?
TIA

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,
Any idea when we can expect an update that includes the "feels like" reading & a resolution to the Temp Badge issue that some of us are experiencing?
TIA

The silence is a concern....I thought we had a developer appreciated feedback and was willing to communicate.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
- when I only have a location based location and no static ones, I can swipe left to the overview. When I add a static location as well, I can not swipe left beyond the first location
We had a different behavior in an internal test version and it didn't "feel right", so we limited the swiping gesture to be only available when there is one location.
- updates are erratic. Sometimes the app updates just fine, almost every hour, but sometimes I need to pull down the refresh screen a couple of times for the update to come through
Does this happen on cellular data or on Wifi?

Feature request:
- could we have a user-defined background for weather? I just need the data and do not even need the photos you have included - beautiful as they may be. I would just like to use my own, almost black background for maximum readibility
Interesting idea. BeWeather for Android already allows this, so maybe we might add it to iOS, too.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,
TIA

We are working on a larger update so it will take more time than expected. We hope to release only the bug fixes from this update as a separate small update.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
This is by far the best weather app.

I used this when I was with Blackberry 9700.

The reason it's the best in my opinion, I used to have use ios weather for quick updates, MyRadar for radar, weather channel for written forecasts.

Be weather has all this and webcams to see what the weather looks like!

Love this.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
We had a different behavior in an internal test version and it didn't "feel right", so we limited the swiping gesture to be only available when there is one location.

Does this happen on cellular data or on Wifi?

Interesting idea. BeWeather for Android already allows this, so maybe we might add it to iOS, too.

Adding a vote for the alternate background request. Thanks for considering it.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
It is a nice app. Although I am not getting severe weather alerts, even though it is enabled.
I do agree with it being the best app when I was with BB.
I remember paying $10 for the app, but it worked flawlessly.

deadmpa1

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, any news on an ETA for the smaller bug-fix update and/or the larger update please? Even an estimate would be appreciated please.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello, just wondering when the "feels like" will come. With all the wind chiller advisory being pushed through that will come in very handy.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods