BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine definitely doesn't show the temp badge. All settings are on, but still nothing. Even tried a hard reset, but nada....

I didn't do anything special, but I'm also not "jailbroken".....May I suggest trying a different primary weather location.

ba_hamilton

May 29, 2011
Visit site
As a test I changed the temp from Fahrenheit to metric and the temp badge stopped showing up because it was less than 0.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The badge is not displaying at all on my app.

1. Temp/Distance Unit is set for Imperial (English)
2. All items for it are enabled in the Notifications Center.
3. BeWeather version 1.0.36

UPDATE: Deleting and then reinstalling the app fixed the problem. All is well.

Last edited:

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
pfluger, BeWeather is getting better and better: Kudos for being such an awesome developer!
I'm having one little issue : The weather animation doesn't always work when I open the app (currently @~40%-60% of times). However, since I have two locations, I just slide to the second location and k'boom, the animation is working for both locations. Thoughts?

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I noticed an issue where when I'm in the view with the forecast for the week, and I tap on the weekly forecast to change from the % chance of precipitation to the amount of expected precipitation that there is a decimal point in front of every amount of precipitation. So for example this past Saturday we were supposed to get 7" of snow, but when I was looking in the weekly view it said .7" of snow.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I noticed an issue where when I'm in the view with the forecast for the week, and I tap on the weekly forecast to change from the % chance of precipitation to the amount of precipitation that there is a decimal point in front of every amount of precipitation. So for example this past Saturday we were supposed to get 7" of snow, but when I was looking in the weekly view it said .7" of snow.

Those precip guestimates are for liquid equivalents... .7" of rain on the average can become 7" snow - but it can vary widely from storm to storm - 1" of rain can yield anywhere from 8" to a foot or more snow...

gonzotwins

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
My issue is sort of like that indicated by Sanibel above. Whenever I open the app, it takes me to a screen that is blank, because I do not have location services set to on. I have set my hometown as a location, but it always requires me to swipe to get to that screen. Any work around out there to take me to the hometown screen rather than the blank, location services screen upon opening?

Used this app exclusively when on Blackberry and loved it!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed when I open my BeWeather app, my music stops...is this normal? My music continues to play with all other apps open unless its another music based app

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Those precip guestimates are for liquid equivalents... .7" of rain on the average can become 7" snow - but it can vary widely from storm to storm - 1" of rain can yield anywhere from 8" to a foot or more snow...

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why every single snowfall was listed as under an inch.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's why an inch of wet snow is different than dry snow. I will try and find the link to the explanation if I can that was done on an old local morning show about a year back before one of them moved to the evening news.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I just want to mention that I can turn on and off the badge icon and when I refresh it the app the temp badge refreshes. I do experience the non-info screen sometimes but for now I believe that is due to signal lag.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox