BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not.

I travel quite a bit for work, is there a way to set the location based on where I am or do I need to add a location every time I get to another city/state?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,

Here is some feedback on be weather. I'll do a separate post for each screen.

On the first theme page, I have it set for radar (which is a brilliant design).

But a few things that could improve it are:

1. The radar theme map is a bit washed out vs your standard white radar map. Can you make the it white to match the actual radar map? This would improve readability.
2. The temperature and city name, etc. are a white font. These would be much easier to read if the font was black against the white background (Like the controls on the radar map which are black).
4. Also would be better if the font was bold or use the system setting for bold fonts as a preference.
3. Match the actual size of the radar map. The theme map is more zoomed in. I like the standard, slightly more zoomed out view to show a bit more the surrounding area.

View attachment 46699

@bdtrader Thanks for your detailed posts. I have noted all your suggestions and we will definitely consider some of them.

To pick out one of them, we might sync the zoom of the radar background with the radar screen. So whatever zoom you used last on the radar screen will be used on the background (or alternatively there will be a button to set it).

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure how easy this is to implement, but is there a way to add an option for the badge to display the current number of weather alerts (assuming that there are currently active alerts) instead of showing the temp or having it display nothing at all?

Good idea and definitely something we consider. I think I mentioned that earlier in the thread, but first we will have to rework the settings screen so it can take all those new planned options without getting completely cluttered.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,

I now have a new iPhone 5S.
The Temp Badge is NOT updating on it's own. It updates only when I open the app.

I know you're working on this and hope you have an update soon since this is the main reason I updated to the paid version.
Do you have any idea when the update will be available to resolve this?

TIA

pfluger,

My iPhone 5 stopped updating the Temperature Badge on its own since yesterday. It has not updated this morning either

As TurboTuger mentioned it only updates when I open the app.

Please help, it was working perfectly the day before.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you also use the lockscreen weather notification? Does that work? Do you have BeWeather enabled under background refresh in the Settings app?

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not.

I travel quite a bit for work, is there a way to set the location based on where I am or do I need to add a location every time I get to another city/state?

The first location in the list will always reflect your current location. It should update to wherever you are traveling.

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
The first location in the list will always reflect your current location. It should update to wherever you are traveling.

It does not do that for me, or has not so far. It just keeps showing the temp for the city I created it for. I even deleted everything and started over. I have to add a location every time in get to a new city.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you also use the lockscreen weather notification? Does that work? Do you have BeWeather enabled under background refresh in the Settings app?
pfluger, my temperature update is somewhat erratic. It worked all day yesterday but didn't this morning until I opened the app. When it works everything updates fine including getting push alerts.

Yes I have background refresh enabled.

Thanks for all your help, looking forward to the app update. :)

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
pfluger, my temperature update is somewhat erratic. It worked all day yesterday but didn't this morning until I opened the app. When it works everything updates fine including getting push alerts.

Yes I have background refresh enabled.

Thanks for all your help, looking forward to the app update. :)

Similar issues.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Pfluger, I noticed that it updates quite regularly on weekends and after 6:00 PM or so on weekdays. During the day on weekdays, it hardly ever updates without opening the app.

Not sure if this helps any

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtfolden

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I used this app when I had an Android phone for several months and loved it so I hate to be critical here but I'm only doing so in hopes of improving the app.

I find the way the data is organized over three pages to be rather unfocused.

The first page provides the temp (no "Feels like"?) and current condition BUT I have to swipe all the way to page THREE to see the other current conditions (wind speed, humidity, etc...). The top half of page three should be available on the first page, imo... or it should be what you see if you tap the temp on the first page.

...and I'd rather see the 7-day forecast on page two grouped with the 48 hour text descriptions on page three somehow.

Really, I guess I'm just saying that I think the way data is presented needs a rethink. The first page just seems wasted. I can, theoretically, see the temp on the badge icon so if I actually open the app then I'm wanting to see much more detail than what I'm getting upfront. Page two is also way too similar to the Apple supplied Weather app and Yahoo Weather. I think people may be more inclined to dismiss this app if it looks too similar to others.

John

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I used this app when I had an Android phone for several months and loved it so I hate to be critical here but I'm only doing so in hopes of improving the app.

I find the way the data is organized over three pages to be rather unfocused.

The first page provides the temp (no "Feels like"?) and current condition BUT I have to swipe all the way to page THREE to see the other current conditions (wind speed, humidity, etc...). The top half of page three should be available on the first page, imo... or it should be what you see if you tap the temp on the first page.

...and I'd rather see the 7-day forecast on page two grouped with the 48 hour text descriptions on page three somehow.

Really, I guess I'm just saying that I think the way data is presented needs a rethink. The first page just seems wasted. I can, theoretically, see the temp on the badge icon so if I actually open the app then I'm wanting to see much more detail than what I'm getting upfront. Page two is also way too similar to the Apple supplied Weather app and Yahoo Weather. I think people may be more inclined to dismiss this app if it looks too similar to others.

John

I agree. I keep finding myself going back to wunderground app bc even though it's not as pretty, it's more concise.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
BeWeather 1.0.36 update is available now.

Changes:

- Fixed missing status bar
- Fixed bug where weather data disappears after refresh

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
BeWeather 1.0.36 update is available now.

Changes:

- Fixed missing status bar
- Fixed bug where weather data disappears after refresh

pfluger,

What happen to the "Feels Like"?

Also the Temp Badge is still not updating on it's own for me.
FYI: iPhone 5S, iOS 7.0.4

Please advise,
TIA

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,

What happen to the "Feels Like"?
It is coming. Version 1.0.36 was already submitted 8 days ago and only now approved.
Also the Temp Badge is still not updating on it's own for me.
FYI: iPhone 5S, iOS 7.0.4

Please advise,
TIA
We are working on a beta testing scheme so we can get quicker to the bottom of bugs like this. We will probably use testflightapp.com. More info about that later.
With the official release it is basically a turnaround cycle of one version a week, which is way to slow for testing.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
It is coming. Version 1.0.36 was already submitted 8 days ago and only now approved.

We are working on a beta testing scheme so we can get quicker to the bottom of bugs like this. We will probably use testflightapp.com. More info about that later.
With the official release it is basically a turnaround cycle of one version a week, which is way to slow for testing.

Ok pfluger,
Tks for the info.
Good Luck

marky66

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for bringing BeWeather to iPhones! This is the one app I miss from by BB days...... But I am having an issue.....

I am running iOS 7.0.4, and have the full (paid) version of BeWeather. For whatever reason, I cannot get the temperature badge icon to show up at all. I have it on in the app settings. And background app refresh & GPS services are both on. I have tried deleting & reinstalling the app. Still nothing. Any ideas???

Also, for those who do not want to use GPS location services, you may want to give users that option. As of now, if you turn the GPS off, it gives you a blank first weather page with dashes & outdated data. Also the annoying "Location Permission Denied" box pops up every time you open the app.....

Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner