BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
'Weather on Lockscreen' technically is just a notification that gets removed and reposted about every hour. This is why you are seeing the notifications forwarded to your Pebble.

Thank you! That explains it. I'll turn off that feature and see what happens. Great app!

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, definitely makes sense. The biggest problem with this actually is that we first have to rework the settings screen because it will become too crowded. We have a couple other settings already on the list we wanted to add.

Screenshots would be great.

Yes, that is what I am planning. Just need to find a bit of time to write it up. And glad auto loop is on the list. Thanks.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,

Here is some feedback on be weather. I'll do a separate post for each screen.

On the first theme page, I have it set for radar (which is a brilliant design).

But a few things that could improve it are:

1. The radar theme map is a bit washed out vs your standard white radar map. Can you make the it white to match the actual radar map? This would improve readability.
2. The temperature and city name, etc. are a white font. These would be much easier to read if the font was black against the white background (Like the controls on the radar map which are black).
4. Also would be better if the font was bold or use the system setting for bold fonts as a preference.
3. Match the actual size of the radar map. The theme map is more zoomed in. I like the standard, slightly more zoomed out view to show a bit more the surrounding area.

IMG_0956.PNG

IMG_0955.PNG

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have a another issue.
My initial screen is not updating. When I pull down to refresh, nothing happens
It's been stuck for over 4 hours.
I have changed to another PWS and nothing happens.
When I add new cities, them seem to reflecting the correct temp in the list of cities.
So it's only the main screen.
I did reset my iPhone 4S but nothing.
TIA

edit: it just updated.
Can't explain that one.

Last edited:

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I would like when on the choose local weather stations - if the map was a little zoomable.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,

Here are some requests for the 2nd screen.

I have Increase Contrast setting on Accessibility. Otherwise the screen looks a bit washed out and harder to read with gray fonts against gray background. With contrast on the background is black which makes it easier to read. But that said, can you setup an option for a white theme with black fonts? This would match the first screen. It is a bit disjointed when flipping thru to go from white background to black background.

So:

1. White background

2. Increase and make fonts bold to improve readability. I attached a screen from another weather app that is similar but easier to read with white background and larger/bolder fonts.

3. The columns could be better aligned in the Day/Temp section. It is not very symmetrical.

4. The precipitation numbers are way too small and hard to read.

IMG_0952.PNG

IMG_0962.PNG

IMG_0954.PNG

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,

Feedback on the 3rd screen:

1. White background theme (like comments for 2nd screen).

2. In the top section the values are shown in a larger/bolder font. For example '65%' and the label "Humidity" is not. This is fine. In the lower section this is reversed. The label "Wednesday" is in the larger/bolder font while the actual forecast is in a smaller, harder to read font. So to improve readability and consistency, change the lower section so the actual forecast is the larger/bolder font and the day label is the smaller/non bold font.

IMG_0961.PNG

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure how easy this is to implement, but is there a way to add an option for the badge to display the current number of weather alerts (assuming that there are currently active alerts) instead of showing the temp or having it display nothing at all?

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
pfluger
Just to confirm:
I have an iPhone 4S iOS7.0.4
I've deleted & reinstalled the app.
My Temp Badge in not updating on its own.
It only updates when I launch the app. (Most current version installed)
TIA

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My badge icon hasn't updated all morning, it does update when I open the app. Maybe there is a problem with the weather station itself. I opened the app and re chose the same weather station, hope that will help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My badge icon hasn't updated all morning, it does update when I open the app. Maybe there is a problem with the weather station itself. I opened the app and re chose the same weather station, hope that will help.

Is there a chance that if the battery is low (<20%), auto updates don't take place?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
pfluger,

I now have a new iPhone 5S.
The Temp Badge is NOT updating on it's own. It updates only when I open the app.

I know you're working on this and hope you have an update soon since this is the main reason I updated to the paid version.
Do you have any idea when the update will be available to resolve this?

TIA

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
pfluger,

My iPhone 5 stopped updating the Temperature Badge on its own since yesterday. It has not updated this morning either

As TurboTuger mentioned it only updates when I open the app.

Please help, it was working perfectly the day before.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The last few days, I've been experiencing no temp displayed on main page when I bring up the app. See pic. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390573240.274980.jpg

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The last few days, I've been experiencing no temp displayed on main page when I bring up the app. See pic.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to complain but the wind speed shows 10 mph which is way off from the 20-24 all other weather apps are reporting.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to complain but the wind speed shows 10 mph which is way off from the 20-24 all other weather apps are reporting.
If you're using a Personal Weather Station vs. a NWS Airport as your "local weather station" - there will often be some discrepancy in wind speeds... depending on how often the data is reported... how properly a PWS is located to collect accurate data... lots of factors... and reported wind speed is really just a snapshot at a given moment in time...

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
If you're using a Personal Weather Station vs. a NWS Airport as your "local weather station" - there will often be some discrepancy in wind speeds... depending on how often the data is reported... how properly a PWS is located to collect accurate data... lots of factors... and reported wind speed is really just a snapshot at a given moment in time...

Makes sense, thanks. I changed mine to NWS airport. The PWS was much closer and the temp more accurate but with the wind howling like crazy outside, the 6 mph on the app was mocking me. :D

Is the badge temp updating for you without opening the app?

Thanks much. :)

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

charlyee, just put your hand outside and estimate :)
Is the badge temp updating for you without opening the app?
Working for me.
Edit: As of today badge temp isn't updating without opening the app... Strange....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW